Boise is seeking a part time
Room Services Specialist 1to join our
Food and Nutrition Servicesteam.
The Room Services Specialist 1
, under direct supervision, receives and processes patient food orders throughout the hospital
- Prior dietary and nutrition knowledge preferred
- Based on protocols, will answer phones and input food orders for patients throughout the hospital system.
- Responsible for accuracy of patient�s food order, in accordance with any prescribed diet limitations and/or allergens. Makes knowledgeable, informed and articulate recommendations and suggestions regarding all menu items.
- Resolves basic issues using knowledge of procedures and policies. Refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Adheres health and safety requirements in order to meet regulatory and company standards.
- Calculate and prepare enteral feeding and infant formulas in accordance with physician�s orders.
- Serves as the first point of contact, with patients, for food services.
- May prepare necessary records and reports.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: None
- Licenses/Certifications: None
Why St. Luke’s:
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke’s Health System. We are the state’s largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We’re proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
- St. Luke’s is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.