MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISION:
Supervises and manages the OA/CTS staff and Department including the CTR/Grad-90 Program.
Serves as Acting OA/CTS Supervisor in the OA/CTS Director’s absence.
• Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
• Acts as the liaison between the Center and the OA/CTS Contracts that service former Center
students who qualify for placement services.
• Works with Education & Training Manager to create CTT Instructor and CTR Department
partnerships that result in WBL and direct placement opportunities.
• Develops and oversees major activities such as job fairs that lead to WBL and direct placement
• Ensures appropriate scheduling of students into the Grad-90 program.
• Works with the Center Director to ensure accurate orderly separations.
• Ensures Center meets or exceeds DOL/Company performance goals.
• Interview, recommend for hire, discipline, recommend for termination and evaluate the
performance of the employees in the Career Transition Department. Fills staff vacancies in a
• Effectively motivates, empowers and requires staff to perform his/her job responsibilities.
Employs sound time-management and delegation skills. Holds staff accountable for producing
quality work, develops staff for career progression and disciplines staff that fail to meet goals.
• Provides required/supplemental training for new and current employees.
• Motivates and manages staff to work effectively, creates a supportive work environment,
recognizes staff accomplishments and proactively addresses staff performance concerns.
• Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
Provides high-quality supervision and management for the student population. Takes swift
and appropriate action and positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy
to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
• Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures that quality is maintained
and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of programs and services.
• Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner
and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge.
Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
• Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates
appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure
prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected.
• Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and
services are provided to students.
• Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager
to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and
• Other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)