Assistant Principal of Athletics
SUMMARY: Coaches student athletic programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coach student athletes in area of assigned responsibility.
- Organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Establish and maintain good rapport with students, employees, community members and vendors.
- Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Valid Arizona teacher certification, or Arizona coaching certification, or Level 1 Certification issued by National Federation of High School Associations (NFHS) (This requirement is only for Head/Varsity positions)
- Previous successful coaching experience in the assigned sport.
- Obtain and maintain a valid Arizona Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card (AZ IVP FPCC).
- Obtain and maintain First Aid/CPR certification.
- Completion of NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching Course.
- Completion of NFHS online education course entitled, "Concussion in Sports - What You Need to Know.”
- Completion of NFHS Heat Illiness Prevention
- Standard practices, methods and materials of assigned work.
- Occupational hazards and applicable safety principles and practices.
- Uses and properties of supplies and equipment.
- Customer service principles.
- Specialized equipment relevant to area of assignment.
- Modern office technology.
- Following directions and meeting standards.
- Providing attention to detail in assignments.
- Comprehending reference books and manuals.
- Organizing and maintaining supplies.
- Providing customer service.
- Utilizing a computer and relevant software applications.
- Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors, the general public and others to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
ADA AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Positions in this class require: pushing, pulling, stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Standing for extended periods of time.
Working Conditions: Work is routinely performed outdoor environment including exposure to noise and being on your feet. Requires standing in inclement weather including summer heat.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
The Dysart Unified School District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Civil Rights Act Title VII of 1972, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Dysart Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment or in any of its educational programs or in the provisions of benefits and services to students.