Requisition ID: 50698 Title: Surgical Planner I Division: Arthrex, Inc. (US01) Location: Naples, FL
Main Objective: Responsible for computer aided design to critically analyze patient anatomy and generate pre-operative surgical plans for optimal instrument and subsequent implant placement for the Arthrex VIP (Virtual Implant Positioning) system. Support of new product development and maintenance of released products and systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for receiving incoming patient CT Scans, documenting specific information, and processing CT scan data in 3D CAD software to create optimal implant assemblies “preoperative plans” for physician approval.
- Once physician approval has been achieved use CAD software to assemble and calibrate instruments to determine pre-operative plan and calibration requirements
- Work in a team environment to efficiently process orders in time for surgery
- Communicate with account managers and surgeons regarding anatomical landmark, implant and Instrument placement.
- Work with 3D CAD software for quality control and product creation purposes.
- Work with 3D printing technologies to create, and ship, 3D printed anatomical models upon physician request.
- Perform Quality Control procedures to ensure conformance.
- Reports progress and status of assignments on a timely basis.
- Supports regulatory, marketing, and product management with technical information as directed
- Coordinates with in-house manufacturing and 3D printing vendors to provide processing data and improvements.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience with 3D CAD software is a plus
- Proficiency in designing products using a 3D-CAD program such as ProEngineer, SolidWorks or other 3D modeling software required
- Knowledge of MS Office required.
- Limited/Developing use and/or application of basic CAD principles, theories, and concepts. (SolidWorks)
- Limited/Developing knowledge of industry practices and standards for surgical procedures and instrumentation
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Solves routine problems of limited scope and complexity following established policies and procedures.
Work is closely supervised. Follows specific, detailed instructions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.