Help others work towards realizing academic success. Imagine a career where your success is measured by the progress of those you serve: aspiring college students. You can inspire others to realize their academic potential, reach their educational goals and make the most of their abilities with American InterContinental University. Our team is committed to making a difference, one amazing student at a time. We invite you to do the same in this exciting role: Academic Advisor Be the mentor who helps students strive for academic excellence by empowering them to do their best work, overcome challenges, and work to develop the skills to become lifelong learners. You will work with each student throughout their learning experience to challenge, motivate, support and encourage them to do more than they may have thought possible. What you’ll do
What is required
- Support enrollment, student development, and retention services while ensuring a quality learning experience.
- Manage a group of assigned students and coach each through their degree program.
- Encourage and support students as they work to develop skills and knowledge for academic success.
- Provide a trusted environment where students can share their thoughts, aspirations, concerns and interests.
- Offer resources to help maximize the success of each student.
- Be a liaison for students, enabling them to connect with various departments.
What is required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (or international equivalent)
- Two or more years of experience in academic/admissions support, customer service, human resources and/or counseling essential
- Knowledge of academic policies and procedures
- Ability to learn technical skills quickly
- Excellent communication/listening skills, including a pleasant phone manner
- Strong customer support focus and attention to details
- Comprehensive medical, pharmacy, dental, and vision benefits* for you and your family
- Savings and spending accounts: Health savings account, flexible spending account, dependent care account, and commuter pre-tax spending account
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Additional benefits, including an Employee Assistance Program, voluntary benefits, tuition assistance, credit union and adoption assistance
- Compensation is in the $48k to $50k range
- Most benefits apply to full-time employees. Some benefits apply to part-time employees as well. Benefits may vary by location and position and are subject to change at any time. Ask your recruiter for full details and eligible dependents.