- Assist Manager of Accounting and Director of Finance with accounting functions including reconciliations and financial reporting.
- Prepares monthly general and standard journal entries, financial statements, and account reconciliations.
- Ensures that accruals are made appropriately each month.
- Assists independent auditors with interim and year-end audit.
- Assists in preparation of federal, state and other governmental reports such as annual tax returns, sales tax returns, etc.
- Maintains and reviews cost center and appropriation accounts, including trial balances, to verify accuracy with coding, classifying and posting.
- Ensures all balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly and supported by valid detail.
- Reviews monthly financials for all practices for accuracy, reasonableness and completeness.
- Provides various practice reporting as requested by Senior Accountant or Controller.
- Assists with calculation of physician incentive compensation.
- Assists clerical employees with problems related to putting data into proper accounting format.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 1-2 years of experience
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Suite of Applications
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a deadline-oriented, multi-tasking environment
- Maintenance of supporting documentation and audit trails
- Seeking to study and sit for CPA Exam
Job Types: Contract, Temporary
Salary: $35.00 – $37.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Irving, TX: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- GAAP: 2 years (Required)
- Accounting: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location