At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary: The Accountant 3 is responsible for the preparation and analysis of general ledger account reconciliations for multiple PayPal and Credit products. Utilizing the PayPal Financial systems (PFIT), the Accountant 3 will assist in analyzing reconciling differences, root cause analysis and understanding the impact on the financial statements. The Accountant 3 will also be involved in the testing and implementation of new products and processes.
- Timely and effective reconciliation of all assigned Receivable, Payable and Suspense General Ledger accounts, including timely and accurate clearing of reconciling items in accordance with Company Policy. Ensure accurate posting of general ledger entries in SAP and customer accounts.
- Works independently to research, track and timely resolve outstanding reconciling items and related issues. Able to apply advanced research techniques to accurately identify the source of the reconciling items. Communicate with internal resources and/or processors to escalate and resolve these differences.
- Work directly with Global Finance Product (GFP) team on the resolution of product design or process flaws, system bugs or other operational issues adversely impacting accounting processes. Assist with new product launches and market expansions that impact accounting processes, including participation in UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Works with a high degree of initiative to identify and recommend process improvement opportunities in the areas of reporting, reconciliation and analysis.
III. REQUIRED PERFORMANCE
- Perform at a “Getting Results” or “Among the Best” level for all specific duties outlined above.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of PayPal’s business products, transactions, systems and related accounting process flows. Understand the accounting implications from the transaction level, to the reconciliation level and then up to the general ledger of various money movement accounts.
- Maintain the highest level of teamwork, by incorporating a positive attitude, being supportive in words and actions, embodying the core values of PayPal and communicating appropriately with all levels both within the existing team & anyone outside the direct reporting structure.
- Maintain a high level of commitment, which includes more than just performing accountabilities, as assigned. This includes requesting additional responsibilities, volunteering for special projects, identifying oneself as a go-to individual, displaying flexibility with change and a passion for the product and company.
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
To learn more about our culture and community visit https://about.pypl.com/who-we-are/default.aspx
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.