We’re ALDI, one of America’s favorite grocers. We’ve grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it’s in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Behind every great deal at ALDI are people working to bring it all together. Our team of administrative professionals tackle the ins and outs of running a well-oiled business as they collaborate and support the operations of our National Services & divisional offices. And that helps our network of stores and warehouses run smoothly. Ready to join a team dedicated to making the ALDI Difference?
In this role the Accounting Assistant will be responsible for ensuring financial data and reports for ALDI in the State of California are accurate and compliant. This role interacts with numerous teams and departments within the California divisional offices, our national offices and other divisional offices around the country to ensure financial data coming from various teams is accurate. The ideal candidate will be inquisitive, have a drive to learn new things, be a self-starter and have passion to work within Excel Spreadsheets at an intermediate or advanced level. Ongoing change over the next 2-3 years is inevitable with this role as we transition to new IT solutions which will reorganize daily responsibilities and positions.
Position Type:Full-Time (Transitional role temporarily supporting ALDI Divisional Offices with Purchasing Assistant responsibilities)
Starting Wage:$27.60 per hour
Work Location: Moreno Valley, CA
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Prepares, processes and maintains accuracy of journal entries, reviews automatic postings and clears open item managed accounts within the general ledger system.
- Processes sales tax, use tax, and other statutory payments to comply with any federal, state, and local tax reporting requirements.
- Maintains accuracy and integrity of the company fixed asset database.
- Collaborates with division personnel as required to execute timely physical inventory, transfers and disposals in accordance with company guidelines.
- Maintains expertise in computer applications within designated area of responsibility.
- Works proactively to identify, investigate, and report irregularities within designated area of responsibility.
- Conducts training and cross training of knowledge and expertise within area of responsibility.
- Serves as a backup assistant, as designated by divisional management, to ensure proper coverage of necessary responsibilities.
- Communicates with internal and external contacts such as National Services contacts, auditors, and banking institutions.
- Maintains an efficient and well-organized filing system for the department and ensures items are archived and disposed of per company guidelines.
- Provides any general office and administrative support deemed necessary by divisional management.
- Performs all assigned tasks accurately, efficiently, and in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy of employee and company sensitive data.
- Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
- Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and managers.
- Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
- Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
- Makes Informed Decisions: Analyzes all information and available resources to make information based decisions; establishes best practices and articulates rationale and impact of decisions.
- Organizes and Executes with Accuracy: Leverages a systematic, efficient and organized approach while ensuring quality and accuracy of results.
- Thinks Critically and Resolves Problems: Responds to emerging problems in an accurate and timely manner. Where possible, leverages available resources to address situations before they occur.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task efficiently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in typing and data entry.
- Analyzes and interprets data.
- Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma / GED required.
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience required.
- Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Work is performed in an office work environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
- Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
- Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
- Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
- No travel required.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits,including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employeesare offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI’s receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.