DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements & payroll statements
· Prepare journal entries, upload entries, and data transfers for multiple softwares
· Prepare & review payroll for multiple departments
· Reconciliation of ProTransport data
· Reconciliation of Quickbooks data, and other general ledger operations
· Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end closes
· Create factoring reports to submit to our factoring company daily
· Independently resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
· Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses and balance sheet accounts
· Invoicing, A/R follow up, approving of brokers, set up of cash transfers, and other accounting related duties as assigned
· Ad-hoc projects as assigned
· Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence
· Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages
· Commitment to excellence and high standards
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
· Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Analytical–Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving–Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Oral & Written Communication—Speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Teamwork–Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Ethics–Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Planning/Organizing–Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism–Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Dependability–Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative–Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Calculate figures and amounts
- Analyze financial data
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $105,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Addison, IL 60101: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- GAAP: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location