Job Description: Administrative Assistant
Boston Metro Area | Full-time | Salary $40-50k commensurate with experience | Will begin remotely
About Built Environment Plus
Built Environment Plus is a member-based community driving sustainable and regenerative design, construction, operations of the built environment. We envision a thriving and diverse community, creating a built environment of net positive systems of water and energy, of financial and social equity, and of ecological and human health. BE+ provides green building education, networking, advocacy and leadership opportunities for the sustainable building practitioner community and beyond. Our events and programming are supported and enhanced by the volunteer efforts of our community members.
The organization, and this role with it, constantly evolve to find new ways to drive the sustainability of the built environment. The stakes are high and there’s a lot of work to do. The pace is fast. The work can be intense. At the same time, the role and the work we do is extremely rewarding. Be ready to jump in with your whole self and join our small team making a big impact.
We are looking for the right candidate to assist in managing our education programs and supporting our communities and operations.
The Administrative Assistant is a full-time position responsible for supporting Built Environment Plus (BE+) in achieving its mission of driving sustainable and regenerative design, construction and operations of the built environment. The
Assistant will split their time between the following BE+ areas: 70% Education, 20% Community and 10% Operations.
They will work primarily with the Education Director. The role is instrumental in enabling BE+ to provide quality educational programing and exceptional customer support while keeping us organized and efficient. The Administrative
Assistant will have these primary areas of responsibility:
Education Program Assistance
Educating professionals is key to meeting our mission. In support of this, Built Environment Plus provides virtual and in-person, public and private trainings and premier educational events for architects, engineers, contractors, building owners and developers, and others interested in fostering a more sustainable built environment. We curate a robust catalogue of courses in support of the green building industry and maintain relations with a diverse pool of instructors.
We typically host one to two trainings a week. Since 2018 Built Environment Plus has directed $1.2 M of Workforce
Training Funds to the Massachusetts Green Building Community, which has provided FREE training for 800+ individuals.
Related work includes:
- Daily administrative support for Executive Director and Education Director
- Data entry and tracking of attendees and accounting.
- Virtual file management
- Scheduling and meeting coordination and communications with clients and instructors
- Preparing and taking meeting minutes
- Continuing Education Program administration
- Administer GBCI, ILFI, AIA and other Continuing Education Credits for BE+ events and courses.
- Course Catalogue upkeep
- Tracking invoices in coordination with the bookkeeper.
- Managing instructor and client data in our Customer Relationship Management system (CRM – Salesforce)
BE+ convenes communities around topics of interests determined by our members. The Communities host regular roundtables and events that bring together industry leaders and aspiring leaders. The roundtables serve to connect people, share successes and overcome obstacles. In addition to roundtables, the communities host social events and organize informative events to educate the broader AEC industry throughout the year. As well, the communities inform
BE+’s robust educational training curriculum and contribute to planning BE+’s series of premier annual events.
Related work includes:
- Assist in managing customer relationship management system, Salesforce Database (CRM)
- Prepare documents that share benefits with Members and Sponsors
- Provide administrative support to BE+ Communities
- Attend and support BE+ in-person and live events as requested
- Assist in event planning and execution including coordination with vendors
- Staffing events
- Purchasing supplies
- Coordinating catering for meetings and events
- Assisting in scheduling meetings
- Directing general inquiry emails/phone calls to other team members
In order to fulfill the stated responsibilities of the role, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Passionate commitment to the principles of sustainability, regeneration, green building;
- Data management skills with knowledge of Google Sheets and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Prolific and efficient writing skills; ability to write in a variety of styles for multiple audiences;
- Detail-oriented and self-starter. We are a small team, and the individual will need to manage their own workload, as well as work well with the team;
- Flexibility in the job role, understanding the need to dynamically respond to evolving BE+ needs that are often driven by external events and opportunities;
- Project management skills; and a high standard for file management;
- Ability to work occasional evenings and mornings for events;
- Ability to think out of the box and find creative, unorthodox solutions when needed;
Desired Skills and experience
- Organized. Attention to detail.
- Clear, concise communicator
- Business writing / email
- Familiarity with the following programs/platforms: Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Google Suite, Survey
Monkey, Asana, Slack, Miro, Zoom, Salesforce
The responsibilities are subject to change over time.
Salary $40-50k commensurate with experience. The company provides paid vacations, holidays and sick days, health benefits, cell phone and commuter stipends, and a 401k plan.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
This position is remote temporarily due to COVID-19.
- Please provide a statement on your passion for joining BE+ and driving the sustainability of the built environment.
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote