Schedule & Location:
Full-Time: 80 hours, Biweekly; Monday – Friday 8am-4:30pm
Under general supervision, performs diversified administrative secretarial duties for department head and department as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers telephones, routes callers, takes messages and provides routine information to callers.
- Types memorandums, policies, committee minutes, manuals, letters, forms, procedures, and other general typing as directed, initiating other documents and correspondence as appropriate.
- Schedules supervisor’s appointments; maintains and updates supervisor’s daily calendar.
- Schedules, coordinates and/or arranges meetings, appointments and/or facilities. Attends meetings and records minutes, as required.
- Establishes and maintains files and records on an ongoing basis.
- Compiles data for and prepares regularly scheduled or special reports, analyses and statements.
- Enters and/or retrieves data from established computer files using knowledge of various computer software applications.
- Takes and transcribes dictation of a highly confidential nature.
- Opens and routes incoming mail; distributes correspondence and other material to staff.
- Orders office supplies as necessary.
- Greets and directs visitors.
- Minimum Experience:
- 6 – 12 months
- Minimum Education:
- Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training
- Minimum Field Of Expertise:
- Secretarial training/general business courses
- Basic computer skills; good interpersonal/communications skills; transcription skills