ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
ServiceNow is seeking IT Operations Management (ITOM) specialists with a focus on hands-on IT Datacenter technologies, DevOps, and enterprise architecture initiatives for service modeling, discovery, event management/AIOps, cloud automation, and orchestration on the ServiceNow platform. The specialist will provide technical hands-on expertise to support customers with product and solution leadership during pre-sales engagements. The specialist will participate in the acquisition and retention of customers by utilizing world-class technical pre-sales solution consulting techniques to communicate the power, flexibility, and ease of use of IT Operations on the ServiceNow SaaS platform. This is a hands-on technical consultant who is capable of going wide and deep on solution delivery and solution positioning during sales cycles.
What you get to do in this role:
- Create and contribute to sales campaigns focused on IT Operations leveraging hands-on IT Datacenter technologies, DevOps, and enterprise architecture initiatives with ServiceNow applications that focus on discovery, service modeling, event management, AIOps, and Observability.
- Contribute and maintain a showcase of ITOM solutions created on the ServiceNow platform.
- Create and own programs that enable Solution Consultants to demonstrate the value of IT Operations Management on the ServiceNow platform.
- Strong alignment with product management and engineering teams on roadmap and field feedback.
- Assist the sales personnel in the qualification of customer needs and performing pre-demo needs analysis
- Provide mentoring and training to peers and other colleagues in the organization.
- Demonstrations of the product, both standard and tailored to prospects and existing customers, both onsite and via Webex
- Generation of product demo scripts and scenarios and maintaining demonstration environment(s)
- Scoping and delivering Proof of Concept/Proof of Value engagements with prospects
- Responding to Request for Information/Proposal documents
- Staying current on product developments/releases to a level required for demo and PoV/PoC
- Supporting Marketing events – user conferences, trade shows, webinars, etc
- Staying current on competitive analyses and understanding differentiators between the company and its competitors.
- Responsible for understanding business and technical problems addressed by the products including key regulations, business drivers, evolving business needs, security, etc.
- Serve as regional team leads to lead practice activities when called upon.
- In conjunction with Sales Personnel and Professional Services, conduct transition briefing - communicate commitments, expectations, etc. in preparation for deployment
- Act as the ServiceNow subject matter expert at Executive briefings/marketing events
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 7+ years of pre-sales solution consulting or sales engineering experience in (product specific area)
- Experience with enterprise architecture domains
- Experience and solid hands-on capabilities with AMZN API, VMware automation, Puppet/Chef/Ansible, integration & automation expertise with orchestration.
- Experience with discovery technologies (ADDM, TADDM, DDMA/UD, etc.)
- Experience with service modeling techniques (TPL, TQL, etc.)
- Experience with event management, AIOps, and Observability platforms (Moogsoft, Dynatrace, Datadog, Splunk, etc.).
- Deep knowledge of service-oriented and distributed application architecture in the enterprise (web services, data access, persistence, client/server, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud Management Platforms such as AWS, Azure, VMware, etc.
- Solid IT Ops experience in storage, network, and compute of enterprise environments.
- Experience in installing and configuring middleware applications (Oracle, WebSphere, etc.)
- Experience with ITIL/CMDB implementations (CCMDB, UCMDB, etc.)
- Pre-sales experience IT Operations Management experience would be advantageous (Tool or process).
- Exhibits prior and current technical expertise in web technology and learning new technology.
- Technical or practice team lead in previous roles.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to include technical and business concepts.
For positions in Colorado, we offer a base salary range of $156,600 - $266,400, plus equity, variable/incentive compensation and benefits. Sales positions generally offer a competitive On Target Earnings (OTE) incentive compensation structure. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location. Company benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, and paid leave (including sick, PTO and new child leave).
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.