Larsen Wurzel & Associates, Inc. (LWA) is a Sacramento based independent consulting firm with 22 employees that specializes in public finance and project management. LWA helps government agencies successfully implement a wide range of public infrastructure projects by providing financial, project/program development, and project/program management support services.
LWA currently has an opportunity for a full-time Analyst position. The position will;
- Support the financial management activities of multiple flood control agencies, reclamation districts, agricultural water supply agencies, counties, and cities.
- Support the development and administration of local funding sources such as assessment districts, special taxing districts and fee programs.
- Support the development and administration of various State and Federal grants/funding programs.
- Provide general project administrative assistance as required to support financial management activities including; financial reporting and analysis, budgeting, forecasting, cost tracking, and assistance with the preparation of grant reporting.
This is a challenging position with significant professional development opportunity where an individual will experience first-hand the dynamic relationship between infrastructure, public policy and economics.
- Perform data analysis and financial modeling.
- Maintain complex MS Excel spreadsheet models.
- Research and assist in the preparation, analysis, and administration of budgets and forecasts.
- Assist in the preparation of grant applications and the monitoring and administation of existing programs.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills, a high level of motivation, exceptional organization skills and attention to detail. In addition, the successful candidate will possess the combination of education and experience to afford them the knowledge and ability identified below.
- Microsoft Office (advanced skill with Excel required, database experience desired).
- Project/client management skills.
- Grant program application processes and proposal preparation experience is desirable.
- Communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Confer with engineers, lawyers, developers, other consultants, agency staff and the general public to acquire and disseminate information and coordinate activities.
- Analyze and interpret data while applying a high degree of discretion and independent judgment.
Compensation: Annual salary of $50,000 to $70,000 dependent upon experience and skill set.
Benefits: Eligibility for certain benefits is dependent upon the number of hours worked.
- Medical & Vision Insurance – 90% Company-paid for Employee and 60% for dependents
- Dental Reimbursement Program
- Group Life & Long-Term Disability Insurance (100% Company-paid)
- Company-sponsored Training, Professional Development, and Licensure
- Company provided cell phone stipend
- Flexible Work Scheduling
- Remote telework policy
- Annual Discretionary Bonuses
- 401(k) and Profit-Sharing Plan (Based on hours of service)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – 20 Days Annually /Paid Sick Leave (PSL) Plan
- Paid Holidays – 10 Days Annually
- PTO Buyout option
- Quarterly Team/Social Outings
- Onsite gym and bike locker
Submit a resume and cover letter through our online application portal which can be found at https://www.larsenwurzel.com/careers.