FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation’s largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,500 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of 3,780 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co., a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [SC00]
This position can be filled in Akron, OH; Reading or Greensburg, PA
- The analyst will work with the IT Transmission Asset Management team to implement and support transmission applications and devices.
- Identify, recommend, support, and implement innovative solutions to enhance and maintain software applications in the IT Transmission Asset Management team portfolio. Activities typically include:
- Performing tasks where needed to create new and enhance existing software application packages to include development, testing and ongoing support
- Creating technical designs, estimates, and development to meet business needs for new software applications and upgrades to existing applications and providing ongoing support for these applications
- Solving complex problems and troubleshoot functionality for issue identification
- Learning electric utility related business processes
- Becoming proficient on the portfolio of software applications and related tools and investigating and resolving problems in a production support environment
- Working in conjunction with other IT personnel to resolve problems and analyzing overall conditions that may affect business operations
- Rapidly acquiring and applying new skills
- Support Transmission mobile devices and users, to include:
- Maintenance and testing of images
- Troubleshooting application and user issues on devices
- Strive for operational excellence:
- Ensure processes & solutions meet or exceed IT standards
- Maintain and develop innovative solutions to ensure regulatory compliance is always met
- Drive continuous improvement with other IT teams
- Documenting processes/procedures and specifications for peers.
- Consistently delivering high quality results.
An employee hired at a Level II or III, will be expected to perform the above responsibilities with greater proficiency and in an independent manner. Further, the Analyst II or III level employee will be assigned additional responsibilities related to those listed above.
Qualifications at the Level I include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Management Information Systems, or a related degree. In lieu of a degree, 2 years of related experience required.
- Related experience includes, but is not limited to: experience working as an IT technical professional enhancing and supporting complex software applications. Experience supporting mobile worker including but not limited to Toughbook and Toughpad support.
- Ability and willingness to travel to Company sites, work flexible hours, and be available for call-in and after-hours support (7×24 operations) when needed
- Analytical skills to resolve problems and think creatively.
- Willingness to undertake assignments involving unfamiliar subjects, with the aptitude to learn quickly.
- Ability to learn new concepts in information technology, learn the characteristics of new systems and update skills to adapt to changing technology.
- Good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to make formal presentations to various audiences, the ability to express difficult and complex concepts clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Highly motivated to work independently and productively but also able to work in a virtual environment (working with remote co-workers using virtual technologies).
- Ability to meet established priorities and schedules, and willing to undertake assignments involving multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to provide software solutions and supporting entire software development life cycle
- Preferred experience with utility industry knowledge and software application configuration
Qualifications at the Level II include all of the above plus:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Management Information Systems, or a related degree with 2 years of related experience. In lieu of a degree, 4 years of related experience required.
Qualifications at the Level II include all of the above plus:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Management Information Systems, or a related degree with 4 years of related experience. In lieu of a degree, 6 years of related experience required.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Law, Information Systems, Developer, Computer Science, Testing, Legal, Technology