K12, a Stride Company, believes in Education for ANY ONE. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
The mission of Stride is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
Special Education Teacher is a state certified teacher responsible for delivering specific course content in an online environment. The Special Education Teacher must provide instruction, support, and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students’ individual needs as defined by each student’s Individualized Education Program. The Special Education Teacher works actively with students and parents to advance each student’s learning and is also responsible for the compliance documents required in serving students with special needs.
This is a full-time position. Ability to work independently, typically 40+ hours per week is required. Ability to maintain a professional home office without distraction during workday, typically 9-5 (or 8-4) or as defined by the school.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Ensure all special education and related services are provided as determined by the IEP team by:
- Communicating with parents and applicable related service staff to ensure that students with special needs are receiving the appropriate therapies
- Developing compliant IEP’s, progress reports and other state specific required special education documentation
- Facilitating and leading collaborative special education meetings such as annual IEP meetings
- Using provided resources to ensure accommodations and modifications for students with disabilities such as assistive technology, supplemental curriculum, and accessible text
- Make modifications and accommodations to Stride K12 lessons and assessments as specified by the IEP
- Ensure inclusion and success of student in the general education classroom
- Collect data and work samples to monitor student progress towards Individual Education Program (IEP) goals and objectives
- Document all contact with parents and interventions with students
- Analyze student data to prescribe remediation and enrichment as needed
- Provide rich and engaging synchronous and asynchronous learning experiences for students
- Commitment to personalizing learning for all students
- Demonstrate a belief in all students’ ability to succeed and meet high expectations
- Maintain grade book ensuring student academic integrity, makes student placement and promotion decisions, and alerts administrators to concerns about student performance and progress
- Prepare students for high stakes standardized tests
- Understand that a primary responsibility is to establish and maintain positive rapport with families and regularly communicates with and responds to students and learning coaches/parents in a timely manner
- Support learning coaches/parents with student curricular and instructional issues, as well as basic troubleshooting in a virtual classroom environment that is in line with academy policies and procedures
- Travel as required (on average once per month and/or approximately 10% of the time) for face-to-face professional development, student testing, and as required by school
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree AND
- Active State Special Education teaching license AND
- Ability to clear required background check
Endorsement: Elementary Special Education
Residency Requirement: Must reside in Arizona
Other Required Qualifications:
- Ability to work collaboratively with other teachers to interpret and produce numeric, tabular, and graphic representations of student data, and use it to drive instructional decisions
- Receptive to receiving coaching on a regular basis with administrators
- Ability to embrace change and adapt to ensure excellent student outcomes
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word; PowerPoint
- Ability to rapidly learn and adapt to new technologies and teaching platforms
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Experience working with proposed age group
- Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
- Experience teaching in an online (virtual) and/or in a brick-and-mortar environment
- Experience with online learning platforms
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home-based position. Must reside in Arizona.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Work Location: One location