- Managing Bank Loans operations team of 7 employees regarding all aspects of loan servicing functions
- Oversight of bank loans life cycle events including Paydown/Drawdown, Interest rate resets, PIK interest calculations, Delayed Comp accruals / calculations & Trade settlements
- Managing departmental functions by establishing operational controls and standards, monitoring on-going operations and adjusting priorities to meet changing conditions
- Develop a thorough knowledge of our client base and building relationships with Investment Managers and other related third parties
- Work closely with new business team and client through on-boarding process
- Work closely with the clients to resolve queries and providing first level account service
- On-going management & review of daily controls and communication of any new training or procedural changes to the team
- Ensure all scheduled work is completed by agreed deadlines, checklists are signed and files contain all required documentation
- Ensure that all controls and procedures outlined in the procedures manual and general company policies are complied with across all groups
- Monitor progress of managers and staff to ensure achievement of personal performance goals.
- Hiring, retaining, developing and motivating staff. Assess the overall strengths and skill levels within the current organization
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with managers to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Bachelor degree required; preferably Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank Debt asset class, including Primary and Secondary market trading; some exposure to loan closing is preferred
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Excellent client service orientation and proven ability to deal with demanding clients
- Ability to lead and manage high performing teams
- Strategic thinker with proven track record
- 5-7 years of direct Bank Debt / Leveraged Loan operations experience; exposure to Distressed loans is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of LSTA/LMA standard docs, and exposure to EUR/Aussie Loans a plus
- Knowledge of Advent Geneva is required; exposure to Wall Street Office, ClearPar, Bloomberg is a plus
- Knowledge of investment vehicles related to Bank Debt (CLOs, private equity funds, etc) is a plus
- Strong understand of accounting principles, specifically how Bank Debt transactions impact financial statements
- Strong organizational skills with ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects
- Strong analytical & communication skills
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans