Paylocity is a cloud-based software company that creates customized HR solutions for small to mid-sized organizations. Our workplace enhances communication and enables employees to connect, collaborate, and create from anywhere. Our award-winning culture ensures everyone has a voice and feels truly welcome. Join Paylocity as we shape the future of technology and the workplace!
We give our employees what they need to succeed, including great benefits and perks! We offer medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) match, as well as perks that support you, your family, and your finances. And if it’s career development you desire, we provide that, too! At Paylocity, people matter most and have always been at the heart of our business.
Help Paylocity enhance communication and enable employees to connect, collaborate, and create from anywhere with a position in Product & Technology!
Want to develop the strategies and principles needed to deliver compelling software? Join our team and help us enhance our all-in-one software platform, elevate our one-of-a-kind technology, and improve the employee experience.
Take your career to the next level at one of G2’s Top 100 Software Companies. Explore our Product & Technology positions to see where you fit!
Associate Software Engineer
Associate Software Engineers are members of our product teams, responsible for creating, enhancing, and supporting common features. Working side-by-side with Product Owners, Software Test Engineers, and Business Stakeholders, they are actively involved in the complete software development life cycle in an agile environment including technical design, hands-on coding, unit testing, integration testing, performance tuning, maintenance, test automation, deploys and upgrades.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
Engineering is the function that applies principles and techniques of engineering, mathematics, and computer/data science to the design, development, and testing of applications. The Product & Technology engineering family consists of software development, testing, database, DevOps, virtualization & network.
- Enthusiastic about developing the best software available and providing the ultimate customer experience
- An advocate for continuous improvement of our software development process
- Interested in staying current by applying new technologies
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas
- Able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality and contribute to high velocity, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
- Excited to work on cutting-edge technology
During the first six months, you will:
- Understand and effectively participate in the core processes of team (development, planning, on-call rotations, bug triage, metrics review, etc.)
- Complete stories or subtasks where the approach and outcome are clearly defined
- Ensure code is free of glaring errors, is well documented and contains automated tests.
- Understand and modify existing code with technical guidance and mentoring
- Build towards high throughput with quality
- Ask questions and work within the scope of a team with specific guidance from manager and mentors
- Build something that you are proud of
- Learn something that you are excited about
- Do the best work of your career so far
- Find innovative ways to increase the quality and velocity of your work
- Exercise creativity and solve cool problems
- Demonstrate passion for writing quality software
- Contribute to a shared code base
- Strengthen your team by sharing your knowledge and interests with others
- Build relationships and communicate with various types and levels of stakeholders across the organization
- Analyze and spearhead improvements to the systems and software that are important to your team
- Manage risks, escalate priorities, and help to resolve issues that could impact production quality
- Solve complex support requests escalated from L1 support team.
- Communicate with account management team to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Work with engineering team and other departments to drive resolution on escalated support tickets.
- Follow-up with account managers to ensure that customer issues have been resolved.
- Report design, reliability, and maintenance problems to appropriate departments.
- Prioritize, manage, and log multiple open issues at one time.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science, engineering, technology related field or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of work experience developing code
- Demonstrable knowledge of object-oriented design and development and unit-testing, Web Services, and web pages preferably in ASP.NET and/or ASP.NET MVC with C#
- Must be adaptable to change and have a willingness to learn
- Must have a strong sense of curiosity
- Must commit to their role and take responsibility for their tasks
- Must be able to work effectively in an agile and team environment
- Must be effective and creative in problem solving
Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.
Paylocity is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals. We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $69,000 – $130,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.