Advance Auto Parts, a leader in the automotive aftermarket, currently has an opening for an AWS Cloud Architect. You will have an opportunity to disrupt a $100B auto parts industry to bring better and faster solutions to customers. You will be responsible for identifying opportunities to solve business problems by applying innovative solutions using data & analytics. Specifically, you will:
- Be an advocate with obsession for excellence delivering measurable success for Advance Auto Parts stakeholders with secure, scalable, highly available cloud architecture that leverage AWS Cloud services
- Ability to make switch to different cloud vendors as AWS & Azure
- Define new architectures and ability to drive project from architecture standpoint working in close collaboration with Enterprise Architecture team.
- Build best practices and market trends pertaining to Cloud and overall industry to provide thought leadership (seminars, whitepapers etc.,) and mentor team to build necessary competency.
- Develop architecture blueprints and detailed documentation. Create bill of materials, including required Cloud Services and tools that would need to be utilized.
- Define Migration strategy to move application from On-premise to cloud
- Apply creative thinking/approach to arrive at technical solutions that enhance business goals and align with corporate technology strategies.
NOTE: OPEN TO REMOTE WORK WITHIN THE U.S.A
- Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in AWS Cloud Solutions across multiple functional areas. Retail Industry experience preferred
- 8+ years experience on architecture, design of AWS Cloud Services to address scalability, performance, availability, automation etc.
- Hands-on experience in migration applications to AWS leveraging tools and processes which include migration, cutover and rollback plans and execution.
- Comfortable interacting with stakeholders at all levels through Business and IT.
- Ability to express complex concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing to IT & Business partners
- Familiarity with business intelligence platforms such as Tableau or other BI tools
- Understanding of and experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience using JIRA, SQL, Visio, Powerpoint and Excel
- Independent. Strong critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Go-Getter. Possesses strong, planning, execution and multitasking skills and demonstrated ability to reprioritize accordingly. Must be able to manage quickly changing priorities while meeting deadlines