- Data, Research & InsightsFinancial Planning & Analysis
LocationNew York or Remote Americas
Job typePermanentThis role is at the intersection of data and business, owning the business analysis that inform our business decisions across products that help artists monetize their fanbase on the Spotify platform. Your work will have a significant impact on Spotify’s product, sales, and marketing strategy, ultimately steering our 6-12 month and 5-year strategies.
You will partner closely with other analysts and data owners as well as senior leaders across business, product, marketing, and sales.
What you'll do:
- Creating opportunity assessments and financial models that increase the confidence in strategic decisions on things like pricing and business models design
- Developing models to understand and define leading indicators, quantifying their impact
- Building presentations to communicate findings and strategic recommendations
- Partnering with cross-functional leaders to understand their needs and generate hypotheses for future analysis
- Proactively recommend research and strategic changes based on your data findings
Who you are:
- You are an intellectually curious and driven analyst who thrives on solving complex and open-ended problems that answer business strategy questions
- You balance accuracy and speed based on the question being asked
- You are curious and self-motivated. You see opportunities to improve cross-functional understanding and are proud to deliver insights that drive action.
- You are detail oriented. You are known for having double checked sources of information to validate accuracy and dependability.
- You want to see your analytical skills drive business strategy and take pride in your storytelling abilities
- You have excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with effective business judgment.
- You can present results of complex analysis compellingly to both technical and non-technical audiences at an executive level
- Basic Experience working closely with product, marketing and/or sales organizations
- Skilled in SQL and possibly other data analytics/data science languages
- Skilled in financial analyses and financial modeling
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
- Strong self-motivation and autonomy
- Undergraduate degree
- 3-5 years of experience in consulting, strategy, analytics, investment banking, finance, or corporate strategy
- Undergraduate degree in business, economics, finance, mathematics, statistics or a related a related quantitative field
- 1+ years experience building financial models
- Experience with Python
Where you'll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration
Our global benefitsExtensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at SpotifySpotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.
Global COVID and Vaccination DisclosureSpotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.
This role is not eligible for hire in Colorado, USA.