Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Seeking an experienced Project Manager, Reporting who thrives on big challenges in a fast-paced environment. OptumRx Industry Relations is an ever-changing, organization, and involves a wide spectrum of complex initiatives, spanning strategic projects, products, and organizational initiatives. This role will leverage that leadership ability, along with your expert-level project and operational management skills.
This individual will have a wide variety of responsibilities involving project management, operational readiness support, business process management, and business analysis. It will require advanced written & verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate and report effectively at all levels – from individual team members to, at times, large groups of stakeholders, or senior leader sponsors/stakeholders.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- End-to-end ownership of assigned initiatives, which may take the form of: Project/program management, Major Business Objectives (MBO’s), or Operational Readiness assignments
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives and validating technical feasibility
- Lead project initiation/planning sessions, create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Develop detailed project plan to monitor/track progress, drive deliverables, define timelines, resolve issues, and provide updates to stakeholders
- Create, use, and maintain tools and templates (and create new where/when necessary) commonly used for: Project/work plans, status and operational reporting, issue/risk tracking, operational impact analysis, capital planning, testing, requirement documentation, capability mapping, and process flows
- Provide guidance, expertise, and assistance to internal and external partners, to ensure that projects, programs, and strategies are implemented and maintained effectively
- Oversee, and engage as appropriate, cross-functional discussions with Subject Matter Experts from various business segments, creating initiative strategies to support process handoffs between functional areas
- Work with other members of the leadership team to develop strategic priorities in relation to business goals, including tactical plans to achieve those goals
- Investigate and manage escalated project related issues through root cause analysis and communicate outcome (in person, telephonically or via written communication) to internal partners or external clients
- Support team members by escalating client issues to appropriate resources, as needed (i.e., when to escalate, whom to notify)
- Identify client scenarios that are not meeting mutual needs, and lead team members to recommend appropriate course of action (e.g., unneeded solutions, inability to meet expectations)
- Anticipate organizational, operational, and business needs, and proactively identify solutions to meet those needs. Apply advanced critical thinking skills
- Assist and/or represent the leadership team as needed in the preparation and presentation of reports and other materials for assigned initiatives. Demonstrate advanced communication and presentation skills
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years in project management, business analysis/business process, and/or operational analysis or equivalent role(s), majority on large, complex initiatives
- 1+ years of healthcare experience
- Proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio
- Professional certification such as PMP or similar
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with OptumRx. We’re one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You’ll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There’s no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $25.63 to $45.72. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Project Manager, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote