Company Mission Statement
Bel-Air homes is a family owned and operated Assisted Residential Facility (ARF)/Group Home which provides person centered care to residents with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. We’ve been supporting the community of Fallbrook since 2005 with a mission to not only assist our residents with their daily activities but to create a positive, loving family environment where our residents can thrive and be a part of their local community.
As a Direct Support Professional (DSP) you will be working with Adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities at a 6 bed, level 4i Adult Residential Facility (ARF) in the Fallbrook community. In this role you are responsible for supervising the residents, while also providing hands on training and support in all aspects of their lives.
We have multiple shifts open at this time for days, evenings and nights, both during the weekend.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help individuals become more integrated and engaged with their community. Document their progress
- Teach and assist the individuals in all aspects of daily living such as personal hygiene, appropriate behavior, community integration and a healthy lifestyle. Participate in staff meeting and complete required trainings by outlined deadlines. Protect the individuals rights, safety, health, and welfare.
- Implement treatment plan for as outlined for each individual.
- Participate in the development and evaluation of the Individual Service Plans (ISP) directed by the Administrator.
- Assist in supervision of meal preparation and housekeeping chores as assigned. Maintain a clean and organized environment at the home at all times.
- Take the individuals to community outings and represent the company in a positive manner in the community, while also participating in the activities.
- Have the ability to exercise mature judgment a
- Diffuse aggressive behaviors utilizing de-escalation techniques. Create a positive, family environment in the home.
Ideal candidates are those that have worked with Adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities in any capacity such: caregiver, ABA Therapist, Instructional Aide, Direct Care Staff, Direct Support Professional.
DSP 1 & DSP 2 training is preferred not necessary.
However, there is no previous experience required for this position! We 100% train all new hires to give you the skills needed to successful in the position. We are seeking candidates that are kind, patient and loving who enjoy being a positive influence in other peoples lives and their local community.
- Ability to lift 25+ pounds on a regular basis
- Stand for extended periods of time.
- Lift, change and bathe residents.
Job Type: Part-time
- $16.00-$18.00 Based on experience and shift
- Weekend availability
- On call availability (not required)
Due to COVID-19 we are taking extra precautions within the home such as provide safety equipment and training as well limiting the number of visitors entering the home.
The COVID-19 Vaccine is not required.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Retirement plan
- 10 hour shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fallbrook, CA 92028: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location