Responsible for working a shift both accurately and efficiently, within Company policy, to ensure that the shift contributes to increased profitability of the store. Receive and disburse money in establishments other than financial institutions. Usually involves use of electronic scanners, cash registers, or related equipment. Often involved in processing credit or debit card transactions and validating checks.
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Greet customers entering store.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Issue trading stamps, and redeem food stamps and coupons.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Answer customers’ questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
- Cash checks for customers.
- Weigh items sold by weight to determine prices.
- Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
- Compute and record totals of transactions.
- Sell tickets and other items to customers.
- Bag, box, wrap, or gift-wrap merchandise, and prepare packages for shipment.
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Request information or assistance using paging systems.
- Stock shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items.
- Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records.
- Monitor checkout stations to ensure that they have adequate cash available and that they are staffed appropriately.
- Offer customers carry-out service at the completion of transactions.
- Observe schedule shift hours as assigned by store manager and/or assistant manager.
- Abide by all city, county, state and federal regulations.
- Give all customers prompt and courteous service.
- Perform specific tasks as assigned by store manager and/or assistant manager.
- Notify store manager and/or assistant manager of all cash discrepancies.
- Operate shift within Company guidelines to achieve sales and profit.
- Properly record all shift hours worked on the time clock. Verify and sign the time ticket report.
- Record all sales at time of purchase.
- Accurately record all markups, markdowns, spoilage and store use of merchandise according to company procedures.
- Prepare shift-checkout report at the end of shift according to Company procedures.
- Advise Store Manager and/or Assistant Manager of any personnel situations or policy violations having a negative effect on store operations.
- Advise any other store cashier with problems concerning store operations to take with store manager and/or assistant manager.
- Follow company policy by maintaining a low cash drawer and utilizing the safe, as instructed by store and/or assistant manager.
- Complete shift-checkout report at appropriate times as instructed by store manager and/or assistant manager.
- Follow correct vendor check-in procedures, within company guidelines and as instructed by store manager and/or assistant manager.
- Perform a variety of cleaning duties such as cleaning front windows, around check stands, clean out carts, sweep floors, dust shelves and lift and carry trash to outside containers.
- Clean parking lot and grounds surrounding the store.
- Other job related tasks as required.
Subject to pre-employment background and drug screening.
Job Type: Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location