BZIPPY / Bari Ziperstein Studio
Sun Valley, CA
Seeking a Full-Time Shipping & Receiving and Product Photography Associate
Full-Time: 5 days a week, 8.5 hrs a day
Who we are:
Founded in 2008 by artist Bari Ziperstein, BZIPPY is known for its experimentation and innovation with ceramic furniture, planters, and home accessories. Working tirelessly to develop engineering methods that challenge conventional notions of slab construction, BZIPPY devises creative solutions to both formal designs and technical concerns. The studio also facilitates the production of collectible design and fine-art work.
The setting for this position is within a 9,000 sq ft artist studio in Sun Valley, CA that houses the creation, fabrication, and sale of ceramic sculpture. With nine full-time employees, the studio is a business first and an artist studio second.
BEAUTY & CRAFTSMANSHIP: Beautifully crafted objects are at the center of everything we do at BZIPPY. Our collective love for clay as a material to render beauty keeps us motivated to continuously create meticulously designed, aesthetically pleasing, and unique forms.
INNOVATION: The objects we create aim to push the boundaries of clay processes and challenge conventional engineering methods of slab construction. Innovation is cultivated within both our technical methods and the development of the company.
CLARITY: The studio performs at a high level of professionalism in the interest of providing clarity – both internally and externally. Internally facing, we prioritize clear expectations, systems, and procedures for our team members. Externally, we deliver exceptional products to our clients and offer an approachable, reliable, and personable experience.
OPTIMISTIC ACCOUNTABILITY: We strive to facilitate an open and honest environment to cultivate a space in which our team can invent, learn, evolve, and grow. We embrace challenges and hold ourselves accountable to seek solutions, build confidence, and hold each other up.
WORKERS’ RIGHTS: BZIPPY is built on feminist principles that uphold deep regard for worker’s rights. The heart of the company is our team of prefabricators, fabricators, kiln & glaze techs, fulfillment associates, and administrators; we prioritize their rights, needs, boundaries, ad labor as the foundation of the works we create.
Bari Ziperstein Studio is looking for a full-time Shipping and Receiving & Product Photography Associate with the skills and abilities to work in a small but growing studio environment. The Shipping and Receiving & Product Photography Associate must have a high level of working knowledge of best practices for wrapping and packing ceramics in order to assist and oversee the shipping of high-quality, small and large-scale slab-constructed ceramics. The Shipping and Receiving & Product Photography Associate must have a working knowledge of product photography in order to assist and oversee the photography of the studio’s output.
The studio is recruiting an individual with 1-2 years of prior art handling and product photography experience with the skills and abilities to work in a small but growing studio environment on a full-time basis.
SHIPPING & RECEIVING DUTIES
- Wrapping fragile ceramic furniture, planters, vases, and artwork (small and large)
- Packing boxes
- Packing crates
- Shipping samples
- Overseeing all order domestic, international, and freight orders
- Communicating w/ third party logistics
- Scheduling and tracking all white glove, domestic carrier and freight shipments
- Maintain documentation of all shipments
- Supply inventory management and ordering
- Tracking costs
- Cross-department communication (Quality Control, Kilns & Glazes, Sales)
- Communication with clients and vendors regarding shipment and pickup logistics
- Shipment estimate management
- Receiving of all shipments and distributing across departments (materials, supplies, fixtures, etc.)
INVENTORY MANAGEMENT DUTIES
- Organizing physical inventory of finished products and orders
- Inventory management via internal systems
- Works with leads to maintain, improve and develop inventory technology as needed
- Memo: tracks and prepares all works for memo consignment, quality control upon possible return
PHOTOGRAPHY / REGISTRARIAL DUTIES
- Photography / documentation of all new products and fine art
- Develop and manage an archive of photography – website, dropbox, etc. (shared duty with Sales & Operations Manager)
- Develops database entry for all artworks, tracks all consignments of artworks at galleries and exhibitions (shared duty with Sales & Operations Manager)
- Communicate with galleries / museums related to image needs (shared duty with Sales & Operations Manager)
- Develop and manage an archive of photography – WordPress, Dropbox, etc. (shared duty with Sales & Operations Manager)
- Data entry – WordPress, Quickbooks, Salesforce, Google Sheets, Dropbox (shared duty with Sales & Operations Manager)
- Can demonstrate 1-2 years of art handling experience
- Can demonstrate 1-2 years of product photography experience
- Previous fulfilment experience a plus
- Previous professional studio experience a plus
- Can demonstrate the ability to receive, understand, and apply information in a timely manner within the company training period.
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner that enables others to read, interpret and understand messages and written documents.
- Are able to sit and stand for long periods of time, utilize hands and arms in a variety of positions with a wide range of grip strength and manual dexterity, and lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Are able to uphold good interactions with colleagues by maintaining clear personal boundaries and professionalism.
- Have respect, admiration, and pride for the work done in the studio.
- Ability to communicate with others and face potential conflict with empathy and understanding.
- Ability to embody mistakes without blaming others.
- Ability to embrace and provide feedback.
- Must be able to push, pull, bend, stoop, squat, turn from front to back, turn from side to side, reach above shoulder level, and lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to perform the above physical activities in excess of 50 pounds with the assistance of another person
- Must be able to perform a wide-range of physical tasks on a frequent and repetitive basis for extended periods of time while working in a studio environment with cement floors, air conditioning and heat with a dedicated workspace, computer and inventory area
- Must be able to drive own vehicle which is in good working condition, have a good driving record, and own the minimum requirements for vehicle insurance in California
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $23.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Signing bonus
Studio is strictly adhering to local guidelines. Masks are mandatory at all times, PPE is provided, sanitation and cleaning are closely monitored, and studio team members are distanced at their own workstations in a well-ventilated studio facility.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sun Valley, CA 91352: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- art handling: 1 year (Required)
- product photography: 1 year (Required)
- administrative & communication: 1 year (Preferred)
- inventory management: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location