Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children’s entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Accountant
Job Summary: The position reports to the Manager, B2C Accounting and requires excellent communication and collaboration skills, strong organizational and prioritization abilities, and an understanding of the need to be proactive to prevent lost revenue and fraudulent activities. In this position, you will resolve disputes raised by our payment processors associated with previous transactions and analyze cases of chargeback fraud. The position works independently and under general supervision reviewing and responding to chargebacks raised by our E-Commerce and Automated Vending customers through our various payment processors. The position is also responsible for the timely posting of our E-Commerce and Automated Vending sales orders via our ERP system, daily. The successful candidate will possess thorough research skills, discretion, and attention to detail and must be confident in making fast, well-reasoned decisions with minimal supervision.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Work independently and closely with internal teams and our third-party payment processors.
- Work independently to monitor, research and respond to disputed E-Commerce payment transactions involving our E-Commerce business payment processors (PayPal, Paymentech, American Express). Exercise discretion to obtain and provide all necessary documents that support the transaction and engage TPCi Customer Service when necessary.
- Identify fraud related patterns and communicate such patterns to internal and external fraud prevention teams.
- Keep current on card schemes and best practices to minimize risk.
- Create and develop new reports as identified, including count and dollar tracking by segment and period. Prepare and distribute reports as required.
- Continually improve processes and reporting and lead the team in driving efficiencies.
- Post daily our E-Commerce and Automated Vending sale orders via our ERP system
- Support the larger Accounts Receivable team with daily tasks as needed.
- Perform other duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of accounting experience required.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required.
- Knowledge of accounts receivable or e-Commerce
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficient with accounting software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $87000.00 – 133000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Code: FI.ACMF.P3
Internal Job Profile: Accountant (IC3)