This recruitment is open for 2 weeks.
$73,270 to $98,548 Annually
The City of Tempe offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Pay Increases occur in July
- 12 Paid Holidays, 1 Personal Day, 8 hours Winter Holiday Leave
- Vacation Accrual; starts at 9.33 hours/month
- Sick Leave Accrual; 8 hours/month
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Wellness Program Discount on health premiums
- Medical Reimbursement Program; $53/month
- Tuition Reimbursement; $6,000/year
- Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) Defined benefit plan with mandatory employer and employee contributions currently at 12.41% which includes a Long-Term Disability benefit
- Supplemental Retirement Plans through Nationwide; 457, 401K, and Employer contribution
To view the employee benefit summary, please visit:
Employee Benefit Summary
Department / Division:
Engineering & Transportation / Engineering Division
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday
This position is responsible for the daily duties and assignments of the Transportation Divisions Traffic Engineering Team. This position will oversee the review of traffic impact studies, assist with signal timing reviews and inputs, assist with Vision Zero initiatives, and respond to resident concerns. The position is key to keeping traffic engineering programs on track
Directly related engineering experience is preferred.
Years of experience are based upon a full-time work schedule (2,080 hours per year). The sum of an applicant’s full-time and/or part-time qualifying work experience must meet or exceed the stated minimum qualification. Education will not substitute for the required work experience; however, related unpaid and/or volunteer work experience may be used as qualifying work experience.
Requires the equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in civil engineering or a degree related to the core functions of this position.
The term “equivalent” means that directly related work experience exceeding the required work experience will substitute in equal time increments for college-level education, for example: one year of additional directly related work experience will substitute for one year of college education (30 credit hours).
Certifications, Licenses, and/or Registrations:
Possession of a valid driver’s license.
Applicants considered for this job classification must pass the following:
- Criminal history background investigation
- Post offer/pre-employment drug screen. Employees in safety-sensitive job classifications are prohibited from all marijuana usage whether medical or recreational
For a complete list of City of Tempe job descriptions go to:
Job Descriptions | City of Tempe, AZ
This position is FLSA Exempt which means employees are not eligible for overtime compensation and/or compensatory time.
Employees in this position are represented by the United Arizona Employees Association (UAEA).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The City of Tempe is an Equal Opportunity / Reasonable Accommodation employer. The City does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, familial status, age, disability, and United States military veteran status. Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will make a reasonable accommodation(s) during the recruitment & selection process. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting Human Resources at 480-350-8276. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.