- Receives claim assignment, confirms policy coverages and directs acknowledgement of claims.
- Interprets and makes decisions using independent judgment on moderate difficulty claims and policy coverages and determines if coverages apply to claims submitted.
- Investigates, evaluates, negotiates and adjudicates first and third party claims to determine validity and verify extent of damage by telephone contact with clients, claimants, witnesses or other parties as required.
- Analyzes claims activity and prepares reports for clients/carriers and management.
- Establish reserves, using independent judgment and expertise and authorizes payments within scope of authority, settling claims in the most cost effective manner and ensuring timely issuance of disbursements.
- Make settlement decisions promptly and equitably and issues company drafts in payments for claims within authority limits.
- Develops subrogation and third party recovery potential and follows reclaim procedures.
- Analyzes claims activities and prepares reports for clients, carriers and/or management. Participates in claim reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Comprehensive claims investigations/settling experience 1-3 years experience in Claims or similar organization.
- Ability to work independently while assimilating various technical subjects.
- Good verbal or written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze information, determine a course of action and implement the selected course of action.
- Strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Effective interpersonal skills to be capable of dealing with external sources and all levels of employees.
Because a claim is more than a number — it’s a person, a child, a friend. It’s anyone who looks to Crawford on their worst days. And by helping to restore their lives, we are helping to restore our community – one claim at a time.
At Crawford, employees are empowered to grow, emboldened to act and inspired to innovate. Our industry-leading team pioneers new solutions for the industries and customers we serve. We’re looking for the next generation of leaders to take this journey with us.
We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in purpose, vision and values. Learn more at www.crawco.com.
When you accept a job with Crawford, you become a part of the One Crawford family.
- Our total compensation plans provide each of our employees with far more than just a great salary
- Pay and incentive plans that recognize performance excellence
- Benefit programs that empower financial, physical, and mental wellness
- Training programs that promote continuous learning and career progression while enhancing job performance
- Sustainability programs that give back to the communities in which we live and work
- A culture of respect, collaboration, entrepreneurial spirit and inclusion
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.