Amtrust Financial Services, a fast growing commercial insurance company, has an immediate need for a Claims Assistant- Workers Compensation. Provide assistance to claim adjusters by performing a variety of support services that include, but are not limited to, those listed in the essential job functions section below:
- Assist adjusters in contacting insureds or other involved persons to obtain missing or incomplete information.
- Provide customer service, such as giving limited instructions on how to proceed with claims, completing timely and accurate responses to customer inquiries and resolving minor complaints which arise during the claims handling process.
- Performs data entry functions (claim checks, claim file updates, forms, form letters, electronic interfaces, etc.) as directed by claims adjuster or supervisor.
- Receives and/or returns telephone calls as directed by claims adjuster.
- Performs general maintenance of claims documents in the claim files.
- Other tasks as assigned by adjusters or supervisor.
This is a Temp position.
- Basic knowledge of claims procedures and policies.
- Ability to take direction and make decisions.
- Self-organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to learn new procedures quickly and adapt to a changing environment.
- Professional telephone demeanor and good oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic understanding of business technology.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Thorough knowledge of claims procedures and policies
Ability to take direction and make decisions.
Self organized and detail oriented.
Ability to learn new procedures quickly and adapt to a changing environment.
Professional telephone demeanor and good oral and written communication skills.
Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Basic understanding of business technology.
Ability to work in a team environment.
Ability to work occasional night/weekend as dictated by office needs
High school diploma
Some college preferred
6 months – 2 years of experience in a Liability/ Casualty claims department or related experience
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. AmTrust has the right to revise this job description at any time.