A career at Auto-Owners is challenging and rewarding. Our group of caring associates create financial security by helping individuals and businesses make a new start when a loss occurs.
We offer a merit-based work-from-home program based on job responsibilities. After initial training in-person, you could have the flexibility of work-from-home time as defined by the leadership team.
Auto-Owners Insurance, a top-rated Insurance Carrier, is seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a Claim Expediter.
The position requires the person to:
- Contact involved parties, describe claim process, initiate completion of claim documentation, confirm the amount of loss, and pay the claim as dictated by Company guidelines. Acquiring knowledge of basic, limited, claim handling procedures; and have the ability to recognize when exceptional circumstances require involvement of the Branch Manager, Claim Supervisor, or a Branch, Field, or Senior Claim Representative. Examples of such circumstances would include coverage questions, denials, complaints, etc. Answer customer inquiries related to pending or unresolved claims. Assist in handling subrogation or salvage.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance in meeting a defined work schedule to achieve service objectives.
- Use computer based information for reference, enter information into computer systems, and develop specialized habits related to assigned work.
- Responsible for performing support staff functions.
- Study and obtain appropriate adjuster’s license(s), if required by statute in the jurisdiction employed, within time prescribed by the Company or statute.
Desired Skills & Experience
- High school education or its equivalent is preferred
- Experience in customer service
- Above average communication skills (written and verbal)
Auto-Owners offers a wide range of career opportunities, and we are seeking talent that will help us continue our long tradition of success. We offer a friendly work environment, structured training program, employee mentoring and an excellent compensation/benefits package. Along with a competitive base salary, matched 401(k), fully-funded pension plan (once vested), and bonus programs, Auto-Owners also provides generous paid time off including holidays, vacation days, personal time, and sick leave. If you’re looking to do rewarding work alongside great people, Auto-Owners is the place for you!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Auto-Owners Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. The Company hires, transfers, and promotes on the basis of ability, without consideration of disability, age, sex, race, color, religion, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, or any factor contrary to federal, state or local law.
- Please note that the ability to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship is a requirement.