DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Claims Representative I (Health & Dental)
Main location: Alabama, Georgia
Be part of an extraordinary team. We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
Responsible for successfully completing the required basic training. Able to perform basic job functions with help from co-workers, specialists, and managers on non-basic issues. Must pass the appropriate pre-employment test battery.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Learning the activities/tasks associated with his/her role
- Works under direct supervision
- Relies on others for instruction, guidance, and direction
- Work is reviewed for technical accuracy and soundness
- Codes and processes claim forms for payment ensuring all information is supplied before eligible payments are made
- Researches and analyzes claims issues
- HS diploma or equivalent and related experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Good oral and written communication skills, previous experience using PC, database system, and related software (word processing, spreadsheets, etc.)
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide - and Anthem approves - a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state, and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.