We are seeking a part-time Accountant Number Ninja to add to our squad. This is a remote, work from home position with a flexible schedule.
About the job:
Of course, there is a base of routine tasks we perform on a daily, monthly, and annual basis….we’re accountants for Pete's sake! With the unique blend of client industries and onboarding projects we support, this role is not your typical “in-the-box” one dimensional role. We value tactical discipline with the ability to think strategically to address our clients' needs and pain. These skills will be challenged as our contagious reputation brings new projects to your world frequently. We have been occasionally called a super hero. Who said accounting is boring?
Responsibilities vary by client and may include:
- Full cycle accounting
- Payroll and HR administration
- Organizing the proverbial shoebox with QuickBooks Online
- Identifying process efficiencies and supporting client requests
Our office is part of a nationwide franchise; we have the tools of a larger corporation with the feel of a nimble small business. We believe that all financial management starts with a foundation of good numbers. Our specialty is presenting those numbers as a lens to help small-business owners manage their business and make smarter decisions. Since every business decision has a financial component, our clients can count on us as their financial partner. We serve as a trusted resource elev8ing their business to the next level.
As a squad, we work in a virtual environment. As Numer8ors, culture is one of our top priorities; it is the glue that transl8s to our clients. In addition to easy communication tools, we meet weekly as a squad to: learn from our challenges, celebr8 our wins and even enjoy virtual happy hours.
- Doing the right thing
- Being curious and thinking outside-the-box
- Showing up for each other and our clients
- Embracing learnings and failures
- Getting it done
- Assuming best intentions
- Owning it
- Enjoying the journey
You are great at what you do, are looking for a fun squad to work with, and share our values. Additionally, you:
- Are a degreed accountant with well-rounded experience (Bachelor's degree required)
- Love untangling a complex knot of numbers
- Enjoy mentoring others, but don't mind jumping in on more basic tasks.
- Love efficiency and actively seek out better processes
- Have a customer service mindset and sense of humor so strong that people are often surprised that you could possibly be an accountant
- Have excellent attention to detail, but are weary of rabbit holes
Unique cover letter preferred including:
- How you meet the needs of this position
- Why this posting appeals to you
- Your desired number of weekly hours and wage
- The answer to the following riddle: Why are our competitors afraid of us?
Job Type: Part-time
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote