What you will be doing: The Department of Environmental Quality, Division of Administration’s Office of Financial Management, seeks a qualified, resourceful, highly motivated Accounts Receivable Manager to oversee the accounts receivable (A/R) unit to ensure compliance with the State Comptroller, agency requirements, and proper control and accountability of agency resources. The position monitors, reviews, and evaluates source documents and automated accounting system records and reports, and implements changes regarding internal processes or procedures as necessary.
? DEQ employs a wide range of professionals in varying fields – from engineers and scientists to information technology and communications specialists. All positions work collectively toward one goal: safeguarding Virginia’s diverse and abundant natural resources, which benefit agriculture, industry, and commerce, and provide a rich environment for people, plants and wildlife. If you seek to be a part of this Mission, Vision, and culture, while also enjoying a wide range of state benefits, we encourage you to join today. To learn more about our agency, please visit our website at https://www.deq.virginia.gov
- Working knowledge of GAAP and governmental functions and operations
- Demonstrated understanding of complex federal and state guidelines pertaining to A/R accounting
- Considerable knowledge and skill in the use of automated accounting systems; databases and spreadsheet software
- Demonstrated ability to assemble, analyze, and prepare complex financial data reports
- Demonstrated management and supervisory principles, practices and competencies to include self-awareness, develops others, thinks strategically, cultivates workplace relationships, understands the business, achieves results, communicates proficiently, and applies technical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with all levels of employees
The Commonwealth of Virginia welcomes all applicants authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorship is not provided; therefore, applicants must be a citizen or national of the U.S., a Lawful Permanent Resident, or an alien authorized to work.
Employees, the selected candidate
pass a criminal background check.