About Working at Commerce
Wouldn’t it be great to build your career at a bank that’s known for helping people with their financial challenges? That’s exactly what you’d be doing when you join the team at Commerce Bank. We’re looking for teammates who are ready to do whatever it takes to help our customers with their everyday financial needs. You’d be helping yourself too, because Commerce has a tradition of recognizing and rewarding team members for their talent, skills and contributions.
No wonder we’ve been an industry leader for over 150 years and have developed a reputation as a great place to work in the financial services world. If you’d like to be a part of a team and culture that is respected by its peers and in your community, we should talk. We’re always looking for the best and brightest.
About This Job
As a Commercial Payments Product Manager, you’ll support the growth and profitability of the assigned product(s), including the identification and development of new product opportunities. You will work closely with the Commercial Segment sales organization, marketing, bank operations, IT, legal and compliance to accomplish this goal.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of product strategy and functionality with management oversight
- Contributes to the development and implementation of all business initiatives and tasks.
- Maintains an open line of communication across multiple lines of business, including sales, marketing, operations and IT
- Gain insight into customer needs, identify opportunities that solve market problems
- Maintain a minimal level of understanding of the industry and competitive landscape related to the assigned product(s)
- Facilitate task-based meetings, such as priority or status meetings.
- Effectively participate in team meetings related to their product(s) and provide meaningful feedback and insights
- Contribute to the product rollout (including customer conversion) alongside partners including Sales, Marketing, Operations, Product, IT, Customer Support,
- Prepare and participate in monthly release
- Work closely with development team to ensure functionality requirements are accurate and being completed in a timely manner
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Motivated and organized self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Analytical thinker capable of problem identification and resolution
- Follows through on commitments. Is seen as direct and truthful, keeps confidences
- Good understanding of the business, competition, appropriate rule-making bodies, etc
- Basic understanding of compliance and legal matters that impact their product and business definitions
- Inquisitive, agile and strong team player with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core Values
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
Location: 1000 Walnut St, Kansas City, Missouri 64106