As part of the State and Local Community Engagement team at Meta, our mission is to help build and preserve strong, resilient communities in the places we call home by actively engaging with neighbors and making local investments that reflect community needs and Meta’s core values. Meta is seeking a Community Engagement Manager who will oversee state and local community engagement efforts across the Northeast United States. Candidates should demonstrate experience in community outreach, stakeholder engagement and have an interest in public policy. Candidates should also possess deep knowledge of and passion for Meta.
Community Engagement Manager, Northeast Responsibilities:
- Work with local community groups and business associations to promote and support Meta’s relationships in our regional office locations.
- Work cross-functionally with communications, policy programs, external affairs, and our politics and government teams to develop community engagement initiatives tailored to local policy stakeholders.
- Work with our regional policy leads to support policymaker engagement and advocacy on local policy issues.
- 5+ years of experience in community engagement, advocacy, community organizing and/or government affairs
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Experience communicating to diverse audiences
- Experience with project management and event and meeting organizing
- Team player with creative problem-solving skills
- Knowledge about community development and economic opportunity
- Interpersonal skills
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]