We are seeking for hard-working and dependable individuals who demonstrate a willingness to learn and work well in a team setting with a desire to work in Underground Construction. We are currently in need of new team members to fill a number of positions for General Underground Construction Laborer. Experience is not required but is preferred. All new hires undergo our safety training and flagging certification to ensure requisite safety/flagging knowledge prior to deployment on the field. We will do our own traffic control if needed. We are a growing company with many opportunities to develop and grow in the industry.
Work in an outdoor Utility/OPS construction site building and maintaining underground fiber/cable systems. Be able to learn and train on troubleshooting various problems that can arise in the field. Learn to train on various pieces of equipment and tools required for proper installation. Perform duties listed below:
- Miscellaneous labor tasks including digging, loading/hauling materials, cutting pipe, ground grading, measuring, driving, compacting, labeling, drilling, etc.
- Manual labor to help maintain the work/construction site.
- Work closely with a small team to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Potential customer interface.
- Following instructions accurately and completing assigned courses of action.
- Working throughout the year in all seasons regardless of weather conditions.
- Adhering to all Company and Industry standards and regulations.
- Operate a jumping jack/wacker
- Operate a plate compactor
- Operate a jack hammer
- Operate an air compressor
- Form and pour small concrete pads
- Level dirt in trenches
- Loading and unloading job materials
- Pothole/locate utility lines
- Backfill trenches
- Shade utility lines
- Shovel work (light and heavy)
- Digging bar work