Kinder Morgan is a market leader in North American energy infrastructure with an unparalleled, large footprint of diversified and strategically located assets including an expansive network of natural gas and liquid pipelines, terminals, and CO2 and drilling operations. Kinder Morgan has a historic track record of competitively pursuing capital projects to continually expand their network of assets.
Kinder Morgan’s Procurement Department is centrally located in downtown Houston. Our dynamic Procurement organization is structured to provide training and a variety of experience with clear opportunities for growth and advancement for motivated employees.
Kinder Morgan is committed to being a good corporate citizen and conducts business in an ethical and responsible manner. Our core values are Integrity, Accountability, Safety and Excellence.
The Contract Administrator position requires an in-depth knowledge of basic contracting functions. The Contract Administrator must be able to apply this knowledge when reviewing requisitions for services to find the best opportunity for Kinder Morgan with respect to cost, quality and on time completion.
The job duties and responsibilities for the Contract Administrator include generating requests for proposals, issuing contracts for the procurement of services, and negotiating agreements for services performed for Kinder Morgan’s operations and major projects. The Contract Administrator must be familiar with all basic contracting concepts and practices and procurement strategies. In addition, but not necessarily limited to, the Contract Administrator will be responsible for the following:
- Applying procurement strategies and advising on strategic direction in order to maximize value in support of business objectives
- Applying supply chain techniques to maximize value to the business and ensure best practices are being implemented
- Understanding standard terms and conditions in service agreements and how they protect the company from risks and liabilities with minimal supervision
- Negotiating agreement terms and conditions and strategic pricing for services with minimal supervision
- Ensuring continuity of supply through applying business requirements in accordance with Procurement’s policies and procedures
- Applying knowledge of vendor capabilities while developing bid lists and bid packages for the purchase of services with minimal supervision
- Evaluating vendor proposals to ensure cost, quality, and schedule with minimal supervision
- Providing procurement customer recommendations of vendor selections obtained through the evaluation of vendor proposals and other comparative analysis
- Assisting internal and external customers with meeting objectives of cost, quality, and schedule while maintaining positive working relationships
- Ensuring all agreements and purchases are in compliance with all company policies and procedures and with all federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Following Kinder Morgan Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
- Bachelor degree in Business, Engineering, Accounting, Supply Chain Management or other related discipline is preferred
- Legal experience a plus
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a purchasing/procurement environment is required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a purchasing/procurement environment required in lieu of a Bachelor degree
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers is required
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) – Preferred
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Familiar with industry related commodities
- Strong interpersonal skills and capable of building strong relationships with internal customers, as well as vendors
- Strong analytical, problem solving and time management skills
- Able to work in a team and take direction from management or senior level peers
- Strong communication (written and oral) and organization skills
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, safety of company assets and employees and the general public
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with SharePoint, Contract Management and ERP systems
- Travel may be required across a broad geographic region, as determined by hiring manager
- May be required to work non-traditional hours as needed
- May be required to carry a cell phone and respond as needed during working and non-working hours
Position may be filled at various levels depending on experience and job skills of successful candidate.
Kinder Morgan Offers:
- Competitive wages; job level and salary commensurate with experience and skill sets
- 401(k) Savings Plans
- Retirement Plan
- Comprehensive Medical/Rx and Dental Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Bonus Program
- Paid Bus Pass or Parking
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.