MUST HAVE FINANCIAL INSTITUTION EXPERIENCE
Preferably an Ohio Resident
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION PURPOSE
The Controller directs accounting operations, institutes and maintains internal controls, and serves as the financial management resource to staff on all levels. Responsible for providing valuable insights, information, ideas, and expert opinions necessary to support the strategic direction and business plan objectives. The Controller leads process improvement efforts to streamline and improve accounting, internal controls, and financial and regulatory reporting. Organizes and directs all general finance and accounting activities in accordance with GAAP and stays abreast of all relevant regulations and laws. Maintains accounting systems that ensure the proper accounting and recording of organization resources; provides financial statements, analysis and other key management and ad-hoc reports; and is a key player in budget preparation. Responsible for supervision of the accounting/finance team and associated responsibilities, ALM, budgeting, cash management, regulatory reporting, and developing and maintaining accounting processes and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement plans, action steps, programs and processes necessary to achieve the overall business and operational objectives of the bank, including all functions within the Accounting/Finance positions’ responsibilities.
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations
- Manage vendor relationships
- Prepare reliable current and forecasting reports
- Work with the internal auditor to ensure compliance with internal controls
- Maintain ongoing communication with the CFO, informing him/her of all pertinent problems, irregularities, new developments, changes and other important information within area of responsibility
- Allocates resources according to priorities and within budget parameters. Consults with CFO on operational issues and gathers information/creates performance management documents.
- Responsible for the management, direction, and operation of the general accounting and finance activities of the bank/mortgage company to include the general ledger, accounts payable, fixed assets, prepaids, treasury, financial and regulatory reporting, ALM, cash management, investments, including updating department policies and procedures.
- Manage the investment portfolio to ensure adequate liquidity for loan funding and compliance with board-approved policies.
- Ensure that the allowance for loan losses
- Five to ten (5-10) years of similar or related Accounting experience in a financial institution.
- Three to five (3-5) years of progressively responsible work experience in a management or supervisory role.
- Leadership ability, confidence and executive presence, as demonstrated by successful work experience in a leadership role at a financial institution
- High level of expertise in the use of personal computers in a networked environment with excellent spreadsheet, database, accounting, and analysis experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote