- 5+ years of experience in creative program or project management
- Experience successfully delivering complex, cross-functional projects
- Experience defining and executing against program requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
Amazon’s Discovery Tech team is looking for an experienced, detail oriented Creative Project Manager to support our creative and marketing teams in delivering elevated experiences for our customers. This role will act as the central point of contact for the marketing team as it oversees the planning, day-to-day processes, resource and partner management, and delivery of creative projects for high profile, high impact business initiatives. They will collaborate with the integrated marketing team to brief and execute initiatives in alignment with innovative strategy and UX, production ambitions, and localization workflows.
This candidate will demonstrate a bias for action, strong ownership, an ability to operate within ambiguity, and will maintain clear and concise communication across all levels of stakeholders. They have the ability to identify escalation paths at critical milestones, and can anticipate and manage potential blockers. They will have extensive experience successfully managing the creative process, including intake and assessment, concept development, production, design and delivery of digital, social, and traditional content.
This role will thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment on a team that is growing quickly. We are looking for a candidate with an aptitude and enthusiasm for process and project management to help scale our group and deliver the highest standards on time, every time.
Key job responsibilities
- Independently manage the development and execution of onsite campaigns, launch programs, toolkits, and supplementary content with wide reaching impact
- Oversee creative asset production in partnership with Creative Producers
- Manage project meetings and creative reviews with senior leaders, stakeholders, and global partners
- Resource forecasting and management for the assigned creative team
- Manage external partners or agencies and their agreed scope
- Identifying areas of opportunity to improve existing process or operating models
The Discovery Tech team helps customers discover and engage with new, popular and relevant products across Amazon worldwide. We do this by combining technology, science, innovation and creativity to build new customer-facing features and experiences alongside cutting edge tools for marketers.
- Proven ability to implement repeatable processes and drive standardization
- Proven track record of delivering results for large, cross-functional initiatives with competing priorities in an ever-changing environment
- Strong understanding of production processes and techniques
- Experience building and scaling project management processes for new or ambiguous areas
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence cross functional team stakeholders without formal authority
- Technical fluency; comfortable understanding and discussing technology concepts, trade-offs and new opportunities