- Manage and foster an effective team environment among Credit, Collections, Accounts Receivable and internal & external customers.
- Negotiate and approve credit, collections and accounts receivable-related contracts with collection agencies, legal counsel, D&B, software vendors and other outside services.
- Manage Credit Analysts to ensure they establish & manage customer credit according to JM policies and procedures, and good business practices.
- Manage and support Credit Analysts to ensure that collection specialists are adequately trained.
- Work through Credit Analysts to negotiate payment arrangements for difficult accounts.
- Manage and support the Accounts Receivable Team to ensure that payments are applied accurately and timely.
- Work with the businesses to help them use credit as a strategic tool to maximize sales & minimize risk.
- Ensure that staff provides excellent customer service and support and effective relationship with customers
- Visit key/ selected customers to obtain intelligence, build relationships and improve customer service
- Assist credit reps with business strategies to increase business & customer satisfaction for key/ selected customers
- Continually improve credit granting and monitoring processes to reduce costs and increase internal/external customer satisfaction
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business related
- Minimum eight years’ experience required in credit and collection, finance, or treasury
- Minimum three years’ supervisory experience required, which includes managing, mentoring and providing performance reviews to direct reports.
- Knowledge of credit security instruments
- Ability to approach customers for security and financial statements as needed
- Ability to assess financial risk and discuss with Credit Management, Sales Management and the customer.
- Strong, demonstrated performance management and coaching skills
- Strong working knowledge of credit/collections methods and tools
- Ability to handle large volume of customers and/or transactions.
- Credit Management Certification Preferred.
Johns Manville (JM) offers a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and critical illness insurance. JM sponsors a 401(k) plan which includes a sizeable company match. JM offers paid vacation and also provides paid sick and parental leave for eligible employees.
Additionally, Johns Manville provides basic life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and business travel accident coverage. Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance are available as well. The company also offers a variety of tax saving accounts; health spending account, traditional flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account. JM also offers a tuition reimbursement program for undergraduate and certain graduate programs.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Johns Manville believes diversity and inclusion in our workplace is critical for the long-term success of our company. We are committed to retaining, developing and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right thing to do for our employees, our company and our communities.