Stellantis Financial Services (SFS) is the new captive finance company for one of the world’s leading automakers and a mobility provider with iconic brands including Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Citroën, Dodge, DS Automobiles, Fiat, Jeep®, Lancia, Maserati, Opel, Peugeot, Ram, Vauxhall, Free2move and Leasys.
Our exciting growth provides opportunities to advance your career as we successfully lead products and services from a small to midsize company in just a few years. Join our world class team and culture and contribute to our core mission which is enhancing our customer’s experience.
Summary:Handles the credit dispute function and ensures the efficient use of company resources and technical capabilities in order to provide accurate credit report information to the major credit bureaus. Works with Compliance to audit and facilitate the correction of data transmitted to all major credit bureaus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures set forth by Stellantis Financial Services for the credit dispute function.
- Ensures credit disputes received via E-Oscar, or directly from credit reporting agencies, are researched and processed daily.
- Makes certain that credit disputes received directly from the borrowers or credit repair companies are researched and processed daily.
- Ensures updates are submitted for bankrupt accounts, repossessions and redemptions, paid/satisfied accounts, identity theft and other updates as needed.
- Examines work for accuracy, neatness and conformance with established policies and procedures and recommends additional activity when necessary.
- Regularly reviews and resolves errors reported by the credit reporting agencies.
- Processes requests received from the Compliance Department.
- Prepares documentation and resolves issues for external audits as needed.
- Escalates unresolved issues to Supervisor/Manager/Compliance for further action
- Acts as a liaison between the credit reporting agencies, E-Oscar and Stellantis Financial Services management to ensure all credit bureau related issues are resolved.
- Assists on in-bound customer calls that are related to credit bureau issues and questions.
- Perform in a production driven environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- This position involves regular access to specified personal information of consumers, including, but not limited to, Social Security numbers and dates of birth.
CompetenciesTo perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control;
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Judgment – Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Follows up timely.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position;
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Strong attention to detail’ Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Quantity – Completes work in timely manner.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or ExperienceThe knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and or/GED. Two to five years of credit reporting experience, including the ability to read credit bureau reports and payment histories. Prior credit dispute experience or knowledge of FCRA is preferred.
Language Skills Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Mathematical SkillsAbility to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning AbilityAble to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have beginning to intermediate skills in Microsoft Office including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Stellantis Financial Services, Inc (SFS) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing its employees an environment that is free of harassment, discrimination and intimidation. It is the policy of SFS to comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations and to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, change of sex, and/or transgender status or any protected status. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States. This policy applies to recruitment and placement, promotion, training, transfer, retention, rate of pay and all other terms and conditions of employment. Employment and promotion decisions will be based solely on merit, ability, achievement, experience, conduct and other legitimate business reasons.