Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Crypto Rotational Program is an 18 month rotational development experience designed to build a fully fluent cryptocurrency team now and for the future. You’ll enjoy three distinct business rotations that provide you with practical experience of different areas within the emerging cryptocurrency ecosystem at Visa. These are Crypto Product, Crypto Solutions, and Digital Partnerships. The program supports Visa’s mission to build a strong entry level pipeline of talent with deep subject matter expertise in the Crypto space. In addition to meaningful rotations, Associates are given training & development, mentoring, networking and leadership exposure.
Rotational Development Assignments:
On Visa’s Crypto Product team you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of crypto and how to build new products inside of Visa
- Build subject matter expertise in specific areas of Crypto (DeFi, NFTs, Stablecoins, Central Bank Digital Currencies, etc.)
- Define Visa’s crypto strategy and identify new product opportunities
- Scope product and contribute across various stages from proof of concepts to execution
- Work closely with development teams to communicate business needs into software development process of potential new Crypto products
On Visa’s Crypto Solutions team you will:
- Learn how Crypto companies operate, how to structure partnerships for new products, implications of Visa rules, and how Crypto companies can leverage existing Visa products
- Build subject matter expertise on crypto business models and GTM
- Contribute to initiatives around pricing, rules, and legal reviews
- Support product partnerships with crypto infrastructure providers and hunt new crypto wallet issuance and acceptance opportunities
- Build content for crypto VCA and present to banks in consulting engagements
- Learn about new crypto business models and help with business development and account management with early-stage crypto companies
On Visa’s Digital Partnerships team you will:
- Learn how Visa operates, build relationships with day-to-day contacts at large Crypto and Fintech companies, learn about new Fintech business models and trends and how they intersect with Crypto
- Build subject matter expertise on Visa business model and pricing
- Help manage accounts and relationships with large, global fintech, digital, and crypto clients
- Get exposure to global deal process that incorporates multiple traditional Visa products and new crypto products
- Currently completing a Bachelor’s degree program. All majors are welcome to apply.
- Graduate between December 2021 - August 2022
- Permanent authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree with focus on Liberal Arts, Business, Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other related degrees or equivalent practical experience in conjunction with a less technical BA/BS
- Understanding of how blockchains, tokens, and dapps work
- Familiarity or direct experience with highly technical infrastructures preferred
- Excellent analytical abilities, intellectually curiosity and interest in finding new ways to do things
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Professional maturity, strong work ethic and the ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing business needs
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in professional, academic, or volunteer environments
- A global mindset and ability to work in a diverse workplace
- A keen interest in the intersection of finance and technology
- A passion for Cryptocurrency
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.