John Bean Technologies Corporation (JBT) is a leading global technology solutions provider to high-value segments of the food and beverage industry with focus on proteins, liquid foods, and automated guided vehicles. JBT designs, produces, and services sophisticated products and systems for multi-national and regional food companies through its FoodTech segment. JBT also sells critical equipment and services to domestic and international air transportation customers through its AeroTech segment.
JBT AeroTech manufactures and services airport ground support equipment (plane de-icers, aircraft tow vehicles and cargo loading systems), airport gate equipment (Jetway brand), and military equipment.
The Customer Care Technician is for servicing/repairing all JBT sold equipment at customer sites. Develop strong relationships with Service Tech team and customers, solve customer problems and sell JBT capabilities, services and products. Be available to respond to urgent customer service/repair needs.
- Provide on-site technical support to customers ensuring all equipment sold is functioning properly and is in good repair
- Perform Hazard Safety Assessments prior to each job
- Listen and respond to customer needs/requests; then provide “value added” effective solution and/or support
- Work closely with Manager, Customer Care Representatives and Sales personnel to ensure we maintain good communcations/relationships with the customer.
- Follow-up to a customer’s call within 2 hours to ensure their needs are met
- Learn to trouble-shoot malfunctioning equipment and provide an effective solution
- Completes all time and expense reporting weekly
- Complies with all A&B and Customer safety/housekeeping/compliance policies and guidelines
- Assist other service technicians in installation, removing or making modifications/ repairs on sold equipment
- Order/deliver parts to customer as needed
- Manage equipment repairs/overhaul so that performance will be to A&B and Customer standards and time schedules
- Instruct and train customer operators and mechanics on safe operation and maintenance of equipment
- Perform final inspections on rebuilt/repaired equipment
- Travels to customer sites as need (must have valid driver’s license)
- Assist with photographic and written job documentation
- Report problem areas or needed improvements on all equipment
- Perform courtesy visits to customers to review installed equipment, discuss equipment performance with the customer, any changes/optimizations that they would like, and to identify opportunities for service work and new equipment sales and/or installation work when needed
- When not performing Service Technician duties, will perform other field service work or work within plants as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned by Service Technicians and/or Manager
- A vocational degree in welding or fabrication is preferred.
- GTAW-2 welding certification is required.
- OSHA-10 certification is required along with A&B’s 3 point First Aid (Emergency First Aid, CPR, and AED) training.
- A strong mechanical aptitude with a high degree for attention to detail and quality is a must.
- Successful candidates will have interest in gaining agitator, pump and valve knowledge as well as the ability to perform hydro, sprayball coverage and dye penetration testing.
- Troubleshooting skills and strong communication skills are absolutely necessary as is the ability to use Microsoft Office.
- Process equipment maintenance and/or instrumentation calibration experience is a plus.
- Must be willing to gain proficiency in the items above.
- Ability to work productively and cohesively in a diverse and multicultural environment
Ability to speak, read and write English. Speak, read and write Spanish is a plus
Basic arithmetic (add, subtract, multiply, divide, calculate percentages, discounts, etc).
Ability to evaluate best value of components; ability to interpret MRP output and judge appropriate action.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Florida Driver’s License
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of JBT AeroTech are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
ABOUT JBT AEROTECH
We believe that work should be fun as well as challenging. That’s why the company offers the best of both worlds – the growth potential of a company with a developing technology that is unique in its field, plus frequent company-sponsored events and a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage + a 401K plan.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to [Link available when viewing the job]
You may also call Susan Cotton at [Phone number shown when applying] if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.
- Posting Date:18th Nov 2021
- Valid through:17th Dec 2021