The Integrated Oncology Division is seeking a Cytogenetics Technologist to join their team in Austin, TX! This position will be responsible for performing all routine and special Cytogenetics and/or FISH procedures, microscopic analysis, and maintaining quality control. With minimum supervision, the Cytogenetics Technologist will participate in troubleshooting, updating accessioning and current methods, and training of employees, when cleared by the Supervisor.
The schedule for this position will be Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm.
- Perform routine procedures, including tissue culture, harvesting, and slide making and slide banding
- Responsible for Karotypes and use automated imaging for karyotyping procedures
- Responsible for reagent preparation and reagent labeling
- Perform and evaluate troubleshooting, and document all corrective actions as needed
- Quality Control: Document daily performance criteria of reagents and equipment
- Evaluates acceptability of results with signatory review
- Responsible for the evaluation of modifications for improvement of current methods
- Assist in the validation of new test methods, instrumentation and reagents
- Participate in inter-laboratory proficiency testing
- Responsible for the following administrative tasks: patient worksheets, quality control records, and procedure modification trials
- Participate in the training of employees
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or a related science
- Minimum 1 year of clinical laboratory testing experience is required for Technologist level
- Previous experience is not required at the Technologist Trainee level
- Great communications skills
- Thrives on the opportunity to excel
If you’re looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!