The successful candidate is responsible for interpreting and analyzing data in order to drive business solutions. This role has an emphasis on SSIS, SSRS, MS SQL, MySQL, C#, and the manipulation of Microsoft Office products to extract information. Daily tasks include database management, troubleshooting, and developing new solutions to improve data analysis. This job is well suited to people who enjoy analyzing data, finding new ways to solve problems, and have an aptitude for working with databases. There is an emphasis on reporting and data maintenance for multiple systems. A successful candidate with exhibit strong communication skills including technical writing for user guides as well as independence in troubleshooting and time management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
· Design and Test Database Plans
Design, write and modify programs to improve application processing for things such as online applications to websites, data transfer to internal databases, the processing of the application data, and online payment systems. Strong ETL Skills are preferred.
· Provide Database Support
Part of this role is to create technical training manuals to provide support to other teams and users, as well as gathering user requirements so that improvements can be identified to simplify processes and increase productivity.
· Modify Databases and Perform Tests
A key responsibility is modifying databases according to requests from teams and managers and performing tests to identify ways to solve database usage concerns and malfunctions. This includes researching new database products, services, and protocols that can enhance the systems in place within the company.
· Communicate with Different Teams
Communicate daily with different personalities and departments, responding in a professional manner to queries or requests. They liaise with developers, to improve applications and establish best practices for the business. Must be prompt and adept with responding to tickets assigned from within the company system and provide accurate time tracking.
· Construct Queries for Business Analysis
Analyze business requirements and program automated scripts to provide end-user support and regular maintenance to the databases. Must create business analysis queries, create custom-designed queries and codes to manipulate information and achieve the goals of the organization.
· Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience working in a technical position
· Ability to maintain and update databases
· Ability to writing new code as required, using languages mentioned earlier
· Experience with Pentaho Reporting is a plus
· Overall understanding of the application systems development lifecycle
· Demonstrated understanding of technical documentation
· Experience with cloud based stacked technologies
· Experience upgrading applications with an understanding of the functional changes between versions
· Understanding of shared services / multi-site functionality
· Call center experience a plus
· Desire to acquire new skills and improve existing skills.
- Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Organized and detail oriented, with an ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills that display an ability to explain and discuss complex analysis and programming issues in a manner that can be understood by non-technical persons.
· Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with peers, leadership and business partners.
· Strong planning, organization, critical thinking, decision-making skills and problem-solving aptitude.
Location: 100% remote
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Technical IT: 5 years (Preferred)
- Cloud based Stacking technologies: 1 year (Preferred)
- multi site functionality: 1 year (Preferred)
- Pentaho: 1 year (Preferred)
- Call Center Technology: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote