Seeking experienced Data Scientist/Machine Learning Engineer to join the MIT Manufacturing Business Solutions team. This team works with full-stack developers to embed artificial intelligence and machine learning into our solutions to improve decision-making in Intel Factories. Our goal is to create highly efficient, highly accurate solutions that rapidly improve decisions making resulting in faster output and higher yields. MBS teams include a focus on the areas of Smart Factory, IoT, Analytics, and Automate Automation.
You will have the opportunities to work on various big data and analytics software projects in the ecosystem, from Hadoop to Spark, Deep Learning, Data Visualization, Tensor Flow, from storage, upper layer SQL, and Machine Learning libraries, to address customer's needs. You will have the opportunity to run big data and machine learning workflows on a very large scale and solve challenges in scalability and performance and deal with the cutting edge technologies in your daily job.
In this position, the Data Scientist/Machine Learning Engineer will apply data mining and statistical modeling techniques to create end-to-end reusable data pipelines to enable better factory decision making, improved equipment performance, and higher product yields.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform hands-on data analysis and modeling with huge data sets
- Apply data mining, NLP, and machine learning (both supervised and unsupervised) to improve relevance and personalization algorithms
- Discover data sources, get access to them, import them, clean them up, and make them "model-ready". You need to be willing and able to do your own ETL
- Explore new design or technology shifts in order to determine how they might connect with the customer benefits we wish to deliver
- Communicate key analytic findings within the business and to senior stakeholders
- Research, explore, and enable new quantitative techniques and technologies in data science
The ideal candidate should also have the following skills:
- Teamwork: As part of a team of developers, coders, and more, application developers need to work well with others and demonstrate strong team player behavior
- Analytical Skills: Recognize the needs of customers, and create new applications that answer those needs
- Communication: Clearly communicate their ideas to coders, teammates, and management
- Creativity: Invent new ways of approaching problems and developing innovative applications
- Attention to Detail: Applications have many parts and all must work together for the application to function
- Problem-Solving: Make decisions that move the project forward.
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, or a similar field
- 3+ years of hands-on expertise with data mining and statistical modeling techniques such as clustering, classification, regression, tree-based methods, neural nets, support vector machines, and natural language processing
- 3+ years of experience in modern advanced analytical tools and programming languages such as Python or transferable skills
- 3+ years of experience in T-SQL
- 3+ years of experience in building end-to-end reusable data pipelines from data acquisitions to model output
- 3+ years of industry experience in data science
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.
Virtual US and Canada
Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Colorado:
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here
Work Model for this Role
This role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site.
Intel is committed to a culture of accessibility. Intel provides accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Find information and request accommodation here