Teledyne Technologies Incorporated specializes in providing a broad range of high technology solutions and products to the marketplace. Teledyne Imaging Sensors is an integral member of the Digital Imaging Segment of Teledyne Technologies. Imaging Sensors provides advanced imaging solutions for a variety of customers, including the DoD, NASA, prime system integrators, and commercial customers. In the civilian space arena, Teledyne sensors are the most advanced sensors on board the Hubble space telescope, and they are also found on board the majority of NASA space probes and ground based telescopes. In the DoD arena, Teledyne sensors are integrated into several major systems for persistent surveillance, chemical detection, and target identification, among others.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Detector Test Engineer position is responsible for production and development activities in electro-optical performance test and characterization of infrared and visible semiconductor detectors at cryogenic temperatures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The primary duties and responsibilities are as follows. Other duties may be assigned.
- Set up and carry out detector performance testing (I-V, responsivity, etc.) according to test requirements, work instructions and test procedures.
- Work with focal plane engineers to understand test conditions and test data; generate data summary and report.
- Work with Manufacturing Execution System (MES) for production data recording.
- Maintain test equipment in good operating condition and in calibration.
- Contribute to test setup and fixture improvements and new test capabilities, maintains test procedures and work instructions, and archive test results.
Qualifications & Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following desired qualifications and competencies:
- Knowledge in electrical and optical testing of semiconductor devices
- Experience in operating spectrometers, current/voltage scanners, amplifiers, cryogenic dewar and vacuum pumps, as a plus.
- Familiarity in programming and script writing for hardware interfacing and data acquisition
- Good organizational and effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Computer proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Exemplary ethics and business conduct and work cognizant of safe work practices
Education and Experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or related technical discipline with one or more years of testing experience, in particular semiconductor device testing.
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.
What can Teledyne offer YOU?
A Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Excellent Health, Dental, Vision
Paid Vacation Time
Paid Sick Time
Life Insurance Benefits
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Educational Tuition Reimbursement
Employee Fun Events throughout the year
Due to classified work at the facility and related access restrictions, successful applicants must maintain U.S. Citizenship to allow the person to hold a U.S. Government security clearance.
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email [Email available when viewing the job] or call [Phone number shown when applying]. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.