Overview: The Executive Director is responsible for oversight, administration and management of fiscal , clinical, academic and research functions which includes comprehensive financial activity, budget planning, reporting, comparison and analysis, forecasting, grants, contracts, human resources, clinical practice, facilities, regulatory compliance to support and sustain the department while working to identify opportunities to increase support and services to meet strategic initiatives. Assist the chair with departmental leadership and serve as liaison with the practice plan executives. Responsibilities:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS ABILITIES
- Manage the comprehensive finances for the department including but not limited to planning, preparation, coordination, and implementation and monitoring to support and sustain the department, opportunities to increase support and services and ability to meet strategic initiatives. Assist leadership in developing and negotiating memoranda of Agreement, contracts on financial matters with other affiliated entities as needed.
- Develop, map and define analytical projects with leadership for measuring and reporting of execution effectiveness for all operations (academic, clinical, research, and service), strategic initiatives, providers, and personnel.
- Direct and manage all human resource activity for the department including but not limited to developing recruitments plans, work assignments, strategic initiatives, creation of new positions, identifying funding sources, incentive plans, performance, recruitment, hiring, training, coaching, salary recommendations and metrics, team building, employee relations and policy recommendations. Oversee medical staff appointment/renewal and risk management.
- Direct and monitor extramural program administration including but not limited to development and submission of grants or contracts and implementation to ensure accuracy and compliance with departmental, institutional and sponsor guidelines. Oversees management of extramural funds to ensure cost-sharing is minimized and extramural funds are fully utilized in conformity with awarding agencies, as well as regulatory and compliance agencies.
- Direct and manage clinical practice including but not limited to assuring compliance with governmental regulations and industry requirements, coding, and billing, HIPAA and compliance regulations. Advise chair, clinical chair and faculty on changes to legislation or regulatory agencies that may impact the practice. Work with centralized practice plan to produce optimal workflow, collections and patient relations. Work with leadership to develop and implement clinical practice service standards and policies. Direct and oversee patient operations including patient flow, scheduling, and allocation of resources, equipment and quality of services.
- Oversee and administer revenue cycle which includes but is not limited to fee structure, collection policies, A/R tracking, managed care policies, office procedures to maximize revenue. Direct, develop, and oversee reporting metrics and analytics to assist leadership in managing business operations, clinical revenue and productivity, research, etc.
- Oversee administration of facilities including but not limited to identify space needs and solutions, preparation of recommendations to maximize space, space and equipment lease agreements, special reporting as required for the department, university or practice plan.
- Oversee and administer staff, managers, clinical managers and residency coordinator. Work with leadership to maximize staff efficiency; to execute change to ensure success of strategic needs initiated for the departmental, university and practice plan;, and to minimize employee dissatisfaction and resistance to change. Build am environment to encourage teamwork and an environment in which people will choose to be motivated, contribute, engaged and happy.
- Responsible for preparation, coordination, and accountability for departmental business activity to UofL and ULP personnel to ensure meeting established deadlines, reporting requirements, compliance with U of L and ULP processes and workflows, and resolution of issues to secure and maintain positive cash balance within U of L and ULP.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Business, Accounting, Healthcare Administration or Related Field)
- Masters’ Degree preferred (Healthcare, Public or Business Administration or Related Field)
- Minimum 7 years’ experience (Progressively responsible experience in an administrative/supervisory capacity in an Academic health are setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS ABILITIES
Initiative, communicator, problem solver
- Proactive - anticipates and plans for problems before they arise
- Service Excellence – responsive, informs constituents of process, pleasant to work with, educates and provides timely, accurate information
- Organized – manages time effectively, keeps tasks appropriately prioritized
- Flexible – ability to change directions as needed for the good of the department or organization
- Critical Thinking – ability to think through issues and identify appropriate options
- Work Ethics – motivated, diligent, industrious and persistent in the workplace, stays on tasks to completion, works at a fast pace to ensure optimal efficiency
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
- Interpersonal – can build effective, strong working relationships with employees, colleagues, management, consultants, and media through trust, communication, and credibility
- Team – ability to work with others, serve others, help others, lead others, mentor others, take directions from others in the interest of moving process and programs forward to the desired outcome.
- Emotional Intelligence – ability to not take issues personal, see the big picture in emotionally charged situations and respond in a mature, professional, composed manner
- Self-Awareness – ability to reflect, understand limitations, and seek appropriate assistance and guidance
- Judgment – exercises discretion and due diligence when making decisions and recommendations
- Quality – is able to perform work in a neat, efficient, well-coordinated, well communicated manner with a high degree of accuracy and professionalism
- Presentation – can speak in front of people to deliver necessary material or messaging
- Extensive experience in working with Word, Excel and other office programs
- Clinical and office environment – clinical and office setting, sitting, computer, walking, lifting etc.
- Candidates upon hire will complete an electronic I-9 verification.
- Only those candidates whose experience best meets our requirements will be contacted.
- University of Louisville Physicians is an Equal Opportunity Employer.