Here at Beyond, we are passionate about helping short-term rental property managers and hosts grow their businesses. Backed by the world-class Bessemer Venture Partners, we have grown from a bootstrapped company of a few to the market leader in our category. We attribute our success to our belief that the people are the most important part of a business and our commitment to being a fantastic place to work.
It's with that in mind that Beyond is looking to add a Director, Human Resources to our growing team. Reporting to the VP, People, you will have the opportunity to help us build and scale our global HR operations to meet the needs of all team members, who can in turn meet the needs of our business.
Before reading further...
Beyond is passionate about diversity and cultivating our team’s potential. If you’re hungry for a good opportunity, but don't meet every point in this job description, please apply anyway!
As our Director, HR you’ll be responsible for:
- Strategy creation and execution for all aspects of global HR operations including total rewards, performance management, employee relations, compliance, and facilities management
- Leading, supporting, and developing a team of global HR and administrative professionals
- Collaborating with other leaders across the company to address strategic HR needs that align around company goals
- Developing, owning, and managing global HR metrics and target benchmarks that support company goals
- Staying current on global market trends or patterns that have potential impact on HR, and providing recommendations and counsel to the business
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? The person who will be successful in this role will be:
- A strategic thinker - you are able to proactively identify roadblocks, then create clear pathways to successful results
- Project-oriented - you love nothing better than hearing a problem statement, and then scoping, planning and delivering on a project that resolves the problem
- A trusted advisor- you take pride in your ability to build relationships with people at every level in all areas of the business, and they consistently come to you for your wise counsel
Now that we’ve told you what the job looks like, here are the qualifications we're looking for in a candidate:
- 5+ years in HR management and leadership (SaaS company experience preferred)
- Ability to work full time in EST/CST time zones
- Demonstrated ability to generate and communicate positive business impact through HR
- Demonstrated ability to lead and gain buy-in for HR initiatives across the company
- Deep subject matter expertise in North American HR practices, with some general knowledge of Eurozone HR practices
- Fearless, vocal advocate for all of the people who power the business
So what can you expect after you apply? Your application will be personally reviewed by a member of the Beyond hiring team and if there is a match in your experience and the role, you will:
- Have a video conversation with someone on our Recruiting team.
- This is a high-level conversation about your experience and interest, but also an opportunity for you to learn more about us!
- Complete a short assignment that gives you a realistic preview of the type of work you would be doing with Beyond
- Participate in interviews with a few key stakeholders for the role, including the hiring manager (VP, People), Manager of Global Recruiting, General Manager of EMEA and VP, Engineering.
- Have final interviews with our CEO and CTO
We are passionate about cultivating a diverse team so if you think you have what it takes but don't necessarily meet every point on the job description, please apply anyway!
We are serious about our core values - We Care, We Are On the Same Team, We Inspire Trust, We Go Beyond, We Ship It - if those resonate with you, and you're ready to work with a team that lives and breathes those values, we want to hear from you.
Beyond offers a wide variety of benefits like: stock options, unlimited PTO, work from home office stipend, private health insurance and more! You can learn more about our benefits by visiting our careers site!
We Care about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Beyond is committed to building a workplace that attracts humans of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds, statuses and lifestyles. At our core, we care about our people and encourage every employee, partner and applicant to share their whole self with us. We are respectful of and empathetic towards different viewpoints, and believe that our ability to help short term rental managers succeed relies on us building a dynamic and diverse team. Whoever you are, you can Belong @ Beyond.
Job Type: Full-time