- Manage and maintain internal controls and compliance in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Box Office/Ticketing. Maintain compliance for tax reporting purposes.
- Review and sign off bank reconciliations, account reconciliations, and other analyses as needed
- Create, maintain, and manage budgeting and forecasting including, but not limited to, operating budget, monthly forecasting, capital budget, and cash flow analysis
- Perform and manage show & event related activities such as settlements, accounting, and event reporting.
- Accounting for box office/ ticketing funds.
- Supervise the process of recording manual journal entries and oversee various finance related processes (fixed assets, payroll, etc.) to ensure accounting records are complete and accurate.
- Review and sign off financial statements, budget reports, and event flash reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work with outside auditors to complete the annual audit and issue audited financial statements.
- Prepare other financial reports and analyses as requested.
- Manage the facility’s cash flow needs, investing idle funds while maintaining a minimum operating account balance to fund operations.
- Manage all Payroll, Accounts Payable, & Accounts Receivable functions
- Manage accounting for commissions related to F&B sales
- Maintain contracts with all parties within arena
- Hire, train, and retain finance and accounting staff.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5-7 years of related work experience
- Experience in developing and implementing policies and procedures as well as financial systems and controls
- Capable of handling all aspects of the accounting cycle and principles and techniques of venue operation
- Experience using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience in the facilities/arena management industry (Preferred not Required)
- Strong business acumen and ability to influence change and drive to results
- Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting
- Excellent math skills; high aptitude for figures
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and organizational ability
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information is required
- Strong supervisory skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate well both inside and outside the organization
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills essentials
- Extensive knowledge of accounting software, spreadsheets, and word processing software
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- CPA is preferred
- Must be able to main strict confidentiality and judgment regarding privileged information.
- Ability to work under above average pressure in meeting urgent deadlines.
- Ability to work long, irregular hours and weekends as dictated by event schedules and projects.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete work assignments on a timely basis