A boutique retreat in the heart of Los Angeles, Luxe Sunset Boulevard hotel provides an oasis of elegance and style by welcoming guests to one of the most distinguished addresses in all of California.
Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel is a stunning property at the crossroads of Brentwood and Bel-Air.Located within minutes of UCLA, the Getty Museum, and Skirball Cultural Center, our convenient location makes it easy to access the best of LA.
Director of Front Office :
Department: :Front Office :
Accountable To: :General Manager
Manages and directs the operation of Front Office to ensure the highest guest satisfaction, and that operating and financial goals are met. Responsible for Front Office, Bell Stand, Valet Parking, Security, and Reservations. First point of contact for comment card follow up and guest complaints requiring senior manager response.
Areas of Accountability:
- Oversees the day-to-day operations in Rooms Division.
- Creates and communicates training tools to ensure highest level of service understanding and ability amongst associates.
- Communicates the Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotels brand standards for all positions.
- Ensures high service standards are met through observation, tests, surveys, etc.
- Conducts monthly departmental meetings.
- Ensures positive associate relations through open communication.
- Responds quickly to associate and guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and takes appropriate action. Follows up to ensure satisfaction.
- Implements standard operating procedures to bolster brand awareness.
- Interview, hire, train, develop, conduct performance evaluations, resolve problems, and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate for staff members.
- Demonstrate and enforce high standards of appearance and grooming.
- Attentive, helpful and friendly to all customers, guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Maintain a clean and neat work area including all files, binders and accounting documentation.
- Keeps supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters of significance.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position. Supervises assigned operational functions within the department consistent with the strategic plan, fiscal budget, and the company’s short-term and long-term profitability objectives.
- Supervises the delivery and measurement of guest service standards within the Front Desk, consistent with the established guidelines/brand standards.
- Creates a work environment that promotes teamwork, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction.
- Monitors Front Desk Agents’ work schedules, enforces break/lunch schedules, provides early-outs and overtime based on budgetary guidelines, volume, forecasts, and departmental needs.
- Monitors Front Desk Agent’s activities for quality assurance.
- Maintains complete knowledge of, and complies with, all departmental policies, service, procedures, and standards.
- Develops/maintains current knowledge/familiarity with all hotel services/features and local attractions to respond to guest inquiries.
- Provides guest resolution for all issues/concerns beyond the scope of authority designated to Front Desk Agents, in an expedient and professional manner, exceeding expectations, and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Assists the General Manger with daily administrative duties, as needed/requested.
- Promotes a free exchange of ideas among employees to continuously improve guest service and job satisfaction.
- Performs assigned duties during emergencies. Ability to work under pressure, or in an emergency, in a clam and rational manner.
- Performs all of the functions of a Front Desk Agent at a high level of expertise, offering technical guidance/assistance as needed.
- Maintains constant awareness of safety and accident prevention.
- Ensures all equipment and work areas are kept stocked, clean, neat, and in working order.
- Inventories supplies and ensures necessary items are ordered, as needed.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Attends work as scheduled.
- Follows hotel’s dress and grooming standards.
- Minimizes safety hazards by following all safety rules and procedures.
- At all times, projects a favorable image of Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel to the public.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- FSA Medical
- Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401(K) Plan
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Employee Dry Cleaning
- Employee Meal and Parking
The Luxe independent hotel group is a privately held company, headquartered in Los Angeles, California, boasting a portfolio of luxurious boutique hotels, resorts and inns located around the world.
Although Luxe is the brand name of our Hotels, “Luxe” is really an experience, built around ideals of timeless hospitality, innovative services and unexpected solutions. Luxe hotels are like home, only better. At Luxe, we go beyond service and strive to relate to our guests. Every person that enters our hotel brings something new and different – a unique journey and experience. Our job is to recognize and respect that journey in every interaction. Every person truly is an entire world!
With this in mind, we seek employees who share our values and who desire to deliver a gracious guest experience with sincere commitment. We accomplish this by making our guests feel cared-for and known, when they stay or dine with us. Their preferences are considered; their expectations are constantly exceeded. Meeting their needs is only the beginning of what we do to make them feel like they belong.