What is Underdog?
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry – andsupporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
Using its own proprietary sports trading platform, Underdog is launching its innovative sports betting experience into the US-regulated marketplace and is looking for someone to lead the trading operations for the business.
The Director of Trading and Risk will work alongside the key stakeholders to implement trading and risk strategies to complement Underdog’s unique approach to the US market, while delivering a fun and safe product to consumers.
- Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
What you’ll do:
- Build and implement the highest standards of trading, pricing, risk management and analytics
- Act as leader of sports trading within the Underdog business
- Work alongside the product team to develop our innovative betting games
- Own sports betting liabilities and KPI’s across all product verticals
- Lead and develop a team of traders focused on US sports and markets
- Manage overall operational integrity and quality of third-party sports betting providers
- Coordinate with platform tech, data analytics, marketing, and strategy on operational issues
- Ensure the configuration and compliance of a sports betting trading platform in the US regulatory landscape
Who you are:
- Previous experience managing a modern sports betting trading team
- Ability to apply mathematical and trading strategies to managing sports betting products
- General knowledge of risk and trading methodologies including quantitative analysis
- Understanding of behavioral trends and anomalies in sports trading
Even better if you have…
- Experience of trading US sports
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn’t discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between 180,000 to 225,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we’re extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Health, Dental, Vision+
- 401k Match & FSA
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling – we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD cash
- Support for learning and development
- Book club – expense your books!
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!